Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Work Pack Lead for a decommissioned Nuclear Power Station in Somerset. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively up to £306.25 - £350.00 per day on a Ltd basis, for a 4 day week (Mon - Thurs) (37 hours).
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
Purpose of Role
* To manage, deliver and control any phases or work packages within any projects sites to time, cost and quality under the management of a Senior Project Manager.
* To take personal responsibility for the consistent application of company projects practices and for implementing lessons learned from others.
* Support the safe delivery on a project to time, cost and quality ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory process requirements with responsibility for leading the project to a successful conclusion.
* Understand and follow Validation and Sanction Process.
* Assist in the production the Project Execution Plan, calling on specialist resources in both the preparation stages and throughout the life of the plan.
* Regularly report project progress to the Senior Project Manager.
* Interact with internal and external interfaces i.e. contractors.
* Identify and manage risk in accordance with the Risk and Opportunity Management process.
* Forecast contingency required and to draw down as appropriate.
* Consider options for value engineering as well as the potential for changes to the scope/schedule/forecast costings.
* Lead CDM activities for the project in accordance with the Project safety management arrangements.
* Responsible for minor stakeholder issues and interfaces.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments.
* Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Undertake core competence roles as required.
* HNC/HND or equivalent
* APMP or equivalent experience and a willingness to obtain APMP within 6 months of appointment
* CITB Construction Site Manager's Safety Certificate
* Experience of delivering projects in a highly regulated industry (e.g. Nuclear, Rail etc).
* Experience of working in complex organisations (Matrix Management) demonstrating influencing and organisational awareness skills.
* Aware of Health and Safety Legislation, which impacts on the responsibilities of the post.
* An awareness of how costs can be reduced and safe quality outputs maximised within a scope of work.
* Demonstrate the ability to comprehend, analyse and produce solutions to the range of problems encountered in the Project field.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.