Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Industry. Our client are seeking Welding and NDT Technical Support to be based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 Months initially.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE minimum of 1 x PCN Level 3 in either, MPI, LPI, UT or UT and ToFD. If qualified to PCN level 3 in all of the above a higher hourly rate will be offered.
Welding and NDT Technical Support - Key Deliverables:
* To provide NDT technologist advice on our clients projects and support to subcontractor packages of work. This will involve day to day contact with the various projects. This post is with Engineering Services.
* Responsibilities for Systems, Structures, Plant and Equipment (SSPE)
* The major SSPE listed below are associated with the Welding & NDT Technical Managers purpose and principal tasks and responsibilities:
* The safe use all NDT plant and equipment. The safe use of the NDT laboratory and its associated plant and equipment (including stores).
Welding and NDT Technical Support - principal tasks and responsibilities are:
* To provide technical support and advice to the project team with regard to NDT techniques associated with welding processes.
* To maintain a constant liaison and dialogue with our clients Welding Design and NDT Department to ensure that NDT techniques and procedures used are compatible with their standards.
* To ensure the correct NDE techniques/processes are utilised for each different environment e.g. submarines, ships, factories group etc.
* To ensure the safe execution of NDT carried out by our client's staff and Sub-contractors.
* To check and ensure that only suitably calibrated NDT equipment is used.
* To perform quality control checking of NDT activities performed on our clients projects.
* To ensure final acceptance of NDT inspections is in accordance with contract specification.
* To specify the non-destructive test requirements needed in support of client activities.
* To provide level 2/3 review and support / co-ordinate and control clients core work and commercial NDT support requirement to other groups within the client International Group, e.g. Nuclear Services, Future Nuclear Facilities, INTEC, Composites, Successor and Clyde, ensuring that adequate staffing and resources are available, and that this undertaking does not conflict with the MoD core programme work already planned.
* To produce and sign-off internal and external procedures within their Level 3 PCN qualifications. Review and keep up-to-date approved and released procedures for both the department and any sub-contractors. To advise on construction proposals with a view to suitability of welded construction and NDT requirements.
* Review suitability of NDT procedures and NDT personnel qualification.
* To conduct on-site and off-site audits for both the department and sub-contracts
* To ensure procedures, quality records and test reports are completed satisfactorily in a timely manner.
* To provide specialist technical advice and co-ordinating support to the various projects in a bid to resolve key NDT issues in order that the respective project milestone and key target dates are met.
* Ensure examination compliance to the respective NDT specification and acceptance standards in an efficient and effective manner.
* To provide specialist technical advice on the feasibility of non-destructive testing disciplines for our clients fabrications in compliance with the respective Client's Technical Specifications.
* Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety working practices and ensure adherence to the respective procedural controls. To develop, review (and supply) NDT procedures used throughout the site.
* To be the point of contact and to maintain close working relationships with all company clients for NDT scopes of work. For the principal tasks and responsibilities identified above to be carried out and discharged effectively, there are a number of limited responsibilities of other groups or persons that must also be discharged. Principal amongst these are, The Design Department for informing the classification of material type and levels (i.e. nuclear safety importance) so that the appropriate NDT procedures are used for the work to be carried out. The Design Department for supplying drawings to allow appropriate NDT procedures to be drawn up.
* ONC (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject.
* European Welding Technologist/Diploma in Welding Technology/ CSWIP Senior Welding Inspector.
* Must have a minimum of 1 x PCN Level 3 in either MPI, LPI, UT or UT and ToFD.
* Experience Demonstrable experience in a welding and NDT technology role.
* Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.