Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Industry. Our client are seeking Welding and NDT Technical Manager to be based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 Months initially.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE minimum of 1 x PCN Level 3 in either, MPI, LPI, UT or UT and ToFD. If qualified to PCN level 3 in all of the above a higher hourly rate will be offered.
Welding and NDT Technical Manager - Key Deliverables:
* To provide NDT technologist advice on our clients projects and support to subcontractor packages of work. This will involve day to day contact with the various projects. This post is with Engineering Services.
* Responsibilities for Systems, Structures, Plant and Equipment (SSPE)
* The major SSPE listed below are associated with the Welding & NDT Technical Managers purpose and principal tasks and responsibilities:
* The safe use all NDT plant and equipment. The safe use of the NDT laboratory and its associated plant and equipment (including stores).
Welding and NDT Technical Support - principal tasks and responsibilities are:
* To provide technical support and advice to the project team with regard to NDT techniques associated with welding processes.
* To maintain a constant liaison and dialogue with our clients Welding Design and NDT Department to ensure that NDT techniques and procedures used are compatible with their standards.
* To ensure the correct NDE techniques/processes are utilised for each different environment e.g. submarines, ships, factories group etc.
* To ensure the safe execution of NDT carried out by our client's staff and Sub-contractors.
* To check and ensure that only suitably calibrated NDT equipment is used.
* To ensure final acceptance of NDT inspections is in accordance with contract specification.
* To specify the non-destructive test requirements needed in support of client activities.
* To provide level 2/3 review and support / co-ordinate and control clients core work and commercial NDT support requirement to other groups within the client International Group, e.g. Nuclear Services, Future Nuclear Facilities, INTEC, Composites, Successor and Clyde, ensuring that adequate staffing and resources are available, and that this undertaking does not conflict with the MoD core programme work already planned.
* To produce and sign-off internal and external procedures within their Level 3 PCN qualifications. Review and keep up-to-date approved and released procedures for both the department and any sub-contractors. To advise on construction proposals with a view to suitability of welded construction and NDT requirements.
* Review suitability of NDT procedures and NDT personnel qualification.
* To conduct on-site and off-site audits for both the department and sub-contracts to ensure adherence to approved procedures.
* To ensure procedures, quality records and test reports are completed satisfactorily in a timely manner.
* To provide specialist technical advice and co-ordinating support to the various projects in a bid to resolve key NDT issues in order that the respective project milestone and key target dates are met.
* Ensure examination compliance to the respective NDT specification and acceptance standards in an efficient and effective manner.
* To be the point of contact and to maintain close working relationships with all company clients for NDT scopes of work. For the principal tasks and responsibilities identified above to be carried out and discharged effectively, there are a number of limited responsibilities of other groups or persons that must also be discharged. Principal amongst these are, The Design Department for informing the classification of material type and levels (i.e. nuclear safety importance) so that the appropriate NDT procedures are used for the work to be carried out. The Design Department for supplying drawings to allow appropriate NDT procedures to be drawn up.
The following groups are:
* Submarines, Warships, Naval base, Strategic, New Business, Defence, Equipment, Faslane and Rosyth Naval Bases, and Rolls Royce Submarines - for identifying the services they require from the NDT Department. The HPM for the provision of radiological protection and monitoring services. External suppliers for the provision of materials, equipment and services necessary for the principal tasks and activities of the NDT Department.
* Our clients Refit/Repair Project Managers and Naval Staff Responsible Person for provision of all necessary environment support services and personnel to allow NDT to carry out their activities.
* Rolls-Royce Submarine and the MoD to review and approve NDT procedures in their design authority capacities.
* Rolls Royce (Site Office) for advice regarding NSRP Technical issues.
* The Nuclear Engineering Directorate for the provision of drawings and technical support.
* Ships Control Offices/Infrastructure Control Offices for authorisation of work.
* Re-fuelling Support Group. Health Physics Group and Waterfront Health Physics Group to provide RWCP's and radiological protection advice. NSB for procedures and guidance. The Facility Operations and Maintenance Group to adequately maintain building, electrical and mechanical services.
* The Nucleonics Calibration Facility for calibration of Radiological Safety equipment.
* ONC (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject.
* Must have a minimum of 1 x PCN Level 3 in either MPI, LPI, UT or UT and ToFD.
* European Welding Technologist/Diploma in Welding Technology/ CSWIP Senior Welding Inspector (Desirable)
* Experience Demonstrable experience in a welding and NDT technology role.
* Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.