Sitec a Belcan Company have a requirement for a Welder to work in Ashton, Bristol. This is a contract role with an estimated duration until March 2021.
Our client is involved in Defence Systems Technology (DST) which forms a critical, and growing part of their Marine organisation.
Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, our client employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK and overseas.
This role is within the Marine Sector of an International Group, which delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services to defence and civil customers across the globe. These range from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling, equipment support, intelligence, cyber security and training.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Welding of large high strength, quenched and tempered Steel assemblies for the defence industry.
* Welding of assemblies used for lifting and handling in the defence industry.
* Experience of positional welding using FCAW and solid Wire pulse MAG is essential.
* Welds are subject to full NDT including Volumetric Ultrasonic and Radiographic examination.
* Welding using mechanised and automatic (Robotic) welding processes
* Time served apprenticeship or similar in welding/fabrication.
* Evidence of previously held codings to recognised European/American standards
* Working to high quality standards.
* Capable of reading complex fabrication drawings.
* Experience of welding in the defence industry is desirable.
Skills and attributes
* Used to working to tight deadlines
* Able to work on own initiative
* Experienced working safely within health and safety boundaries
* Team player who can work in a close knit team
Education and qualifications
* Welding qualifications and also experience of Lifting and Slinging.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.