Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Industry and are urgently seeking a Coded Welder to be based in their manufacturing facility in Bristol on a contract basis for an estimated 3 months initially.
The Welder will be required to:
* Welding of large high strength, quenched and tempered steel assemblies for the defence industry.
* Welding of assemblies used for lifting and handling in the defence industry.
* Experience of positional welding using FCAW and solid Wire plus MAG is essential.
* Welds are subject to full NDT including volumetric Ultrasonic and radiographic examination.
Required Experience / Qualifications of the Welder:
* Time served apprenticeship or similar in welding/fabrication.
* Working to high quality standards.
* Capable of reading complex fabrication drawings.
* Experience of welding in the defence industry is desirable.
* Lifting and slinging experience and trained.
* Used to working to tight deadlines.
* Able to work on own initiative.
* Experienced working within health and safety boundaries.
* Team player who can work in a close knit team.
Candidates must be eligible to undergo a UK Security Check.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.