Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Waste Engineer for our client based in Somerset. The role is more office based carrying out investigations and continuous improvement by preparing safety cases and work instructions with regular travel to the client's Gloucestershire site required. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on a Ltd basis of £23.52 per hour for a 4 day week (37 hours, Monday to Thursday).
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
Purpose of Role
To provide a quality and responsive waste management service for the decommissioning projects and site infrastructure in order to secure compliant disposal of waste volumes and assist the execution of key waste targets delivered from the projects.
Key Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
* Provision of technical support within the Waste Management organisation.
* To provide technical support to projects and relay the clear expectations of waste management.
* Provide technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
* Provide authoritative advice for internal and external stakeholders.
* Carry out timely investigation of events as required and identify improvements.
* Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
* Support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
* The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
In addition, a Waste Engineer at a site has the following responsibilities:
* Collate technical waste performance information for analysis against waste management performance objectives and schedule for the Life Time Plan.
* Assist in preparation of safety cases under the plant modification procedure.
* Assist in specification of work instruction, documentation and processes.
Education, Qualifications and Training
* HNC/HND or equivalent technical qualification (NQF Level 5) in a scientific, environmental or engineering discipline.
* Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor Certificate
* International Movement of Dangerous Goods Certificate
Experience and Knowledge
* Knowledge of environmental issues including practices, policies, legislations and stakeholders relating to radioactive and non-radioactive waste management
* Relevant experience in nuclear industry in areas of waste management
* Experience in developing waste inventories together with records management
* Regular travel to clients site in Gloucestershire and attend off-site meetings will be required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.