Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Waste Strategy Consultant for a closed Nuclear Power Station based in South Gloucestershire. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on a Ltd basis for a 37 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
Purpose of Role
To provide a technical knowledge in one or more specialist areas required to meet the business needs of the organisation.
* Providing technical advice as a subject matter expert.
* Represents the waste function in discipline specialism(s).
* Assists with the effective management of knowledge and development of technical skills.
* Contributes to the business by supporting delivery activities.
* Understands site safety case implications within technical area.
* Ensures effective use of Company processes and standards.
* Contributes to technical areas to the benefit of the Company.
* Undertakes Intelligent Customer roles in specialist areas as required.
* Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
* Support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments.
* Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant.
* This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
* The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
* The post holder will be required to complete training as defined in Common Training Profiles, supplemented by Site Specific Training Profiles when required.
Education / Qualifications
* Degree or equivalent in a science, engineering or related discipline
* Chartered Scientist status or equivalent
Experience / Knowledge
* Relevant experience in an appropriate technical area.
* Knowledge of environmental issues including practices, policies, legislation and stakeholders relating to radioactive and non-radioactive waste management.
* Relevant experience in nuclear industry in areas of waste management.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.