Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Waste Shift Engineer for a Science and Technology Campus in Oxfordshire. The post is an estimated 6 month contract and is paying competitively up to £17.57 per hour on a PAYE basis or £22.00 per hour on an Umbrella basis plus £44.00 per day shift allowance. Shift pattern is rotating 12 hours - 6 day break.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment
The work comprises the handling, recovery and process of remote handled Intermediate level waste. To support this programme we operate shift operations to cover 24-hour working Monday to Friday shift schedule. To maintain commitment to our objective, we require an engineer to manage maintenance & breakdowns, proactively and critically examine all plant and processes in the vault store to minimise breakdowns and improve efficiency.
Principal responsibilities, activities and required results which are permanent features of the job and specific to the job holder, who is held accountable for their execution and delivery. Express in terms of input (e.g. undertake, advise, control, etc.) object and output.
1. To advise the Shift Manager on technical and engineering issues, reduce plant availability losses and improve production performance.
2. Co-ordinate maintenance activities to maximise equipment availability.
3. Ensure plant & equipment operating within design parameters. In the event of a breakdown, be responsible for minimising the time taken to return them to service.
4. Supervise electrical & mechanical craft persons
5. After appropriate training, provide expert software fault diagnosis and solutions, procure and manage operational equipment and consumables as well as undertake engineering and design activities
* The role is complicated because of the very high radiation and contamination environment that demands extreme technical and safety integrity.
* The role is complicated by strong production pressure and multiple shift operations.
* The post holder is required to write the working and maintenance instructions for others to follow.
* The post holder is expected to write safety case modifications.
* Must have a good understanding of the safety case portfolio to provide advice on scope of operations - specifically at time when the plant is in breakdown mode and requires repair.
* Whilst the post holder requires engineering qualifications in one discipline they are expected to have a general knowledge of others.
* Post requires ability to diagnose problem regardless of discipline by using the resources available
* Requires a high degree of critical thinking ability to be able to construct a ;logical plan to overcome problem directing other multi-disciplined teams to logically deal with the problem
* The post holder would be expected to manage smaller projects so must have a good grasp of both design & project management processes.
* Must be able to write technical reports
* Needs to be able to conduct investigations leading to identify root causes and proposing action to prevent reoccurrence
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.