Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Waste Management Project Manager for a Science and Technology Campus in Oxfordshire. The post is an estimated 6 month contract and is paying competitively on an Umbrella or PAYE basis only (Inside IR35) for a 37 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment
Main Purpose of Job
Responsible for the management of key projects within the Waste Management remit, requiring a high level of collaborative working and contribution to the technical work of the team.
Position in Organisation
Reports to Waste Management Director with no direct reports.
Requires a high level of collaborative working both internally across the company and externally with the Site Licence Companies, the client and across the supply chain.
Strong functional links with the client Project Manager - Key Projects.
Scope of Job
Project management of all aspects of clients key projects within Waste Management and specifically:
* Implementing best-in-class project management for waste management
* Ensuring effective collaborative working
* Securing appropriate risk management systems
* Sharing good business practice
* Contributing to the technical work of the team
Note: "Key projects" for client typically have the following features:
* Requirement for particularly close engagement with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver acceptable outcomes
* High organisation complexity requiring co-ordination of several functions and/or supply chain
* High reputational or technical risk
Qualifications & Skills
* Good first degree (or equivalent) in science or engineering subject
* Ability to lead and influence in situations without direct authority
* Significant experience in managing major projects with high reputational risk and complex external interfaces
* Proven ability to think strategically
* Senior project management and business management knowledge
* Strong influencing, communication and listening skills with the ability to be clear and concise and build excellent working relationships both internally and externally required in a role demanding a high level of collaborative working
* Ability to act as a credible "ambassador" for client with external bodies
* Experience of organisational planning and change management
* Association of Project Management Practitioner level or equivalent. Chartered membership status (or working towards) in relevant professional institute
* Nuclear sector experience highly desirable
Duties & Key Responsibilities
Management of key projects within Waste Management remit
* Manage key projects as assigned by the Waste Management Director
* Initiate and manage strategic workstreams on behalf of the Executive
Contributing to the technical work of the team
Securing appropriate risk management systems
* Building a register, monitoring and reporting on risks and proposing corrective actions if needed
Sharing good business practice
* Ensuring that suitable systems are put in place to enable effective working within the Waste Management team and more widely, including but not limited to: appropriate mechanisms for handling security-protected data; managing records properly; sharing functional expertise in project management.
* Manage own performance, including self-development, Health and wellbeing
* Manage own workload, including time and deadline management in addition, he/she will undertake other activities commensurate with their skills and experience as and when required
* Staff will be expected to support and implement corporate decisions and initiatives as instructed by their Line Manager
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.