Sitec has an opportunity for a Wargame and Simulation Operator at our client's site in Fareham on a temporary contract.
Job Title: Wargame and Simulation Operator
The Maximum Daily Pay Rate: £395 UMB £315 PAYE
Contract Length: 240 days
To conduct the war gaming element of a constructive close combat model, primarily CAEn, including all aspects of military / expert judgment panels, pre-gaming and post-gaming write ups with detailed note taking to provide gamer insights to enable analysis and conclusions to be made studies to support equipment procurement, future concept analysis and security studies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Using existing knowledge and experience to contribute to close combat simulation model.
* Write up pre-gaming products concisely specifying concepts such as mission success, defeat thresholds and key assumptions.
* Logging of gaming activities such as radio messages, orders and code word for later analysis.
* Write up of post-gaming products concisely detailing gamer insights and assumptions.
* Provide timely, impartial, evidence-based advice to Study Lead to enable them to make informed decisions.
* Recent infantry / mounted infantry experience including a high level of competency with dismounted platoon tactics and a range of support weapons (armoured operational experience will be considered).
* Command experience at platoon level (minimum sergeant) including support weapons units.
* Experience of combat operations at company / squadron level.
* Understanding of the modern close combat threat picture.
* The ability to write succinct technical English and present scientific results to a mixed military and civilian audience.
* An understanding of the principles of scientific method and experimental design
* Previous experience in combat war gaming in support of Operational Analysis.
* Experience in Land domain capability analysis including trialing / experimentation.
* Sound knowledge of current Section and Platoon Tactics
* Sound knowledge of current Infantry Company Group Tactics
* Knowledge of current Armoured Group Tactics
* Knowledge of military operational analysis
* GENFOR knowledge or red teaming
* Exposure to combat models
* Knowledge of modeling and simulation
A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software applications is assumed.
Successful applicants for the Wargame and Simulation Operator role must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.