Sitec are currently looking to recruit 2 Vessel Associated Equipment Mechanical Engineers for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. These posts are for an initial 12 month contract and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
One position requires more Vacuum Systems experience and the other more Mechanical Handling
Job Role / Responsibilities
These roles are specifically focused on the delivery of mechanical handling equipment and pressure/vacuum systems for the assembly and seal integrity verification of high value, large steel structures designed to withstand blast loading. You will be responsible for delivery of solutions across three containment vessel types.
Reporting to the Vessel Handling Equipment Lead Engineer and the Phase 2 Vessels Leak Test Equipment Lead Engineer, the role incumbent will be responsible for delivering handling equipment (e.g. access platforms, alignment fixtures, lifting interface equipment, leak test fixtures) to facilitate assembly, testing, alignment and disassembly of containment vessels. Delivery shall be undertaken within a requirements driven project environment.
You should have experience of the following:
* Delivery of handling equipment (essential)
* Delivery of handling equipment within a high-hazard and/or highly regulated industry (preferred)
* Preparation of technical specifications (essential)
* Review of suppliers' proposals (preferred)
* Working with suppliers at the manufacture, inspection and factory acceptance testing stages of delivery (essential)
* Working with suppliers to deliver detailed designs from client technical specifications (preferred)
* Design and manufacture of pressure and vacuum systems (preferred)
* Project handover (preferred)
You should have knowledge of the following:
* Static and dynamic mechanics (essential)
* Pressure vessel design (preferred)
* Industrial safety (essential)
* Nuclear and radiological safety (preferred)
* Materials selection (essential)
* Design for manufacture (essential)
* Basic manufacturing engineering (essential)
* Joining techniques (preferred)
* Stress calculations (preferred)
You must also have excellent time management, presentational and workload management skills. Travel to UK suppliers and infrequent trips to France may be required.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.