Sitec has a requirement for an experienced Verification and Validation Engineer for our prestigious client. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading company within the aerospace industry.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months with the possibility of extension and will be based in Newport. The pay rate for this role is £400 per day LTD Company.
The Verification and Validation Responsibilities:
The Verification and Validation Engineer is responsible to the Team Lead for executing allocated work packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
In order to demonstrate suitability for release of a Product, System or Service the verification and Validation Engineer is responsible for:
* Executing Tests
Degree or equivalent Engineering experience or Product related training relevant to area of expertise.
Minimum of 1-3 years' experience
* Must have experience of formal Verification & Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
* Must have experience of the full product lifecycle, from initial Verification & Validation strategy definition through to in-service acceptance
* Familiar with test and integration methods for software and hardware product development
* Able to carry out development tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
* Must be skilled in development and implementation of Verification & Validation solutions for four or more of the following:
o Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
o Cryptographic Devices
o Windows hosted software applications
o Embedded software applications
o TEMPEST approval of equipment
o CE approval of equipment
o Secure Communications Systems/Network Devices
* Cyber Defence Systems/Services
* Must have an understanding of Requirements Management and traceability
* Must have an understanding of work package definition and estimation
* Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
* Good understanding of Configuration Control
* ISTQB Software Test qualified to at least Foundation Certificate standard
* CCNA standard experience and working knowledge of network configuration and operation
* Experience and working knowledge of some or all of the following:
o Special To Type Test Equipment (STTE) hardware, software and test data development/preparation
o Automated Testing Techniques
o Test script/software development (Windows and Unix environments)
o ISDN Telecommunications equipment and network management
o TCP/IP network configuration and test
o Integration/test of database systems (e.g. Oracle/SQL)
o Black box software testing
o EMC, Safety, Environmental, TEMPEST qualification testing
* Experience of formal Requirements Management (e.g. DOORS)
Experience of product V&V to achieve UK approved cryptographic/TEMPEST standards
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.