Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Verification and Validation engineer to join our client based in Newport. This is a contract position for an initial 6 Months and has a pay rate of £400p/day Ltd.
The V&V Engineer is responsible to the V&V Team Lead for executing allocated V&V Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
In order to demonstrate suitability for release of a Product, System or Service the V&V Engineer is responsible for designing, documenting, implementing and executing tests based on System Requirements. This will include the capturing of results, preparation of Verification Compliancy Matrices and production of Results and Reporting documentation.
- Software/Products/Systems are verified and validated in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards.
- Allocated Work Packages are completed by the job holder within agreed cost, time and quality constraints
- Tools, methodologies and testing standards are appropriately applied to achieve project aims, in line with direction from the team lead.
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
- Timely reporting to Team Lead on progress, risks and issues arising from allocated Work Packages
- Taking technical and task leadership from Team Lead
- Design, implementation and execution of allocated Verification and Validation activities for Software/Products/Systems to meet demanding technical, cost, timescale and quality criteria
- Communicating effectively with other team members
- Being an effective and productive member of the team
- Must have experience of formal Verification & Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
- Must have experience of the full product lifecycle, from initial V&V strategy definition through to in-service acceptance
- Familiar with test and integration methods for software and hardware product development
- Able to carry out development tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
- Must be skilled in development and implementation of Verification & Validation solutions for four or more of the following:
- Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
- Cryptographic Devices
- Windows hosted software applications
- Embedded software applications
- TEMPEST approval of equipment
- CE approval of equipment
- Secure Communications Systems/Network Devices
- Cyber Defence Systems/Services
- Must have an understanding of Requirements Management and traceability
- Must have an understanding of work package definition and estimation
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Good understanding of Configuration Control
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.