Sitec currently have a requirement for a Verification and Validation Engineer for our client based in Newport, Gwent. This is a contract position for an initial 6 months with extension likely. The pay rate for this role is £400 p/day Ltd.
Role of Verification and Validation Engineer
* Software/Products/Systems are verified and validated in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards.
* Allocated Work Packages are completed by the job holder within agreed cost, time and quality constraints
* Tools, methodologies and testing standards are appropriately applied to achieve project aims, in line with direction from the team lead.
* Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
* Timely reporting to Team Lead on progress, risks and issues arising from allocated Work Packages
* Taking technical and task leadership from Team Lead
* Design, implementation and execution of allocated Verification and Validation activities for Software/Products/Systems to meet demanding technical, cost, timescale and quality criteria
* Communicating effectively with other team members
* Being an effective and productive member of the team
Essential Experience of Verification and Validation Engineer
* Must have experience of formal Verification & Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
* Must have experience of the full product lifecycle, from initial V&V strategy definition through to in-service acceptance
* Familiar with test and integration methods for software and hardware product development
* Able to carry out development tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
Essential Skills of Verification and Validation Engineer
* Must be skilled in development and implementation of Verification & Validation solutions for four or more of the following:
- Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
- Cryptographic Devices
- Windows hosted software applications
- Embedded software applications
- TEMPEST approval of equipment
- CE approval of equipment
- Secure Communications Systems/Network Devices
- Cyber Defence Systems/Services
* Must have an understanding of Requirements Management and traceability
* Must have an understanding of Automated Test Techniques
* Must have an understanding of work package definition and estimation
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.