Sitec has a requirement for a Validation Engineer for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract position for an initial 12 months and the max rate of pay will be up to £37.00 p/hr LTD Company.
The role is based in Peterborough.
Caterpillar Inc is the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The Caterpillar brand is recognised worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.
Perkins Engines are part of the wider Caterpillar group and currently seek a Validation Engineer.
Our client currently has a new and exciting opportunity for a Validation Engineer within the New Product Introduction Systems Integration Group based at our Peterborough Facility.
This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with internal and industrial partners as well as will our India, China and US based sister teams. The team leads the development and validation of the engine performance installed in customer applications for Caterpillar's entire Medium Engine range, this includes global process responsibility for software, calibration and certification.
* Building HiL, Engine test and Machine test / fleet validation plans for sign-off of the engine performance
* Complete in-depth data analysis of multiple data sources to proactively identify potential fault codes, software, calibration or engine capability issues
* Triage potential engine performance issues and lead the resolution of the most complex system interaction issues
* Provide engineering guidance to the product teams, including software status / sign-off
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
* Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support continuous improvement in response to current and future customer needs
* Close liaison with performance and mechanical development engineers, engine designers and project teams
Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
* Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
* Have a high level of competency in the use of data-analysis tools (e.g. NI DIAdem, Tableau, Excel, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink, Vector CANape etc.)
* Have the potential to develop or improve analysis tools
* Have experience of risk assessments and FMEA methodologies and tools.
* Demonstrate knowledge of engine or vehicle system fundamentals in order to identify, validate and triage technical problems
* Understand how power systems interact with vehicles and real-world drive cycles
* Understand underlying theoretical principles of embedded control systems.
* Demonstrate knowledge of implementation of control strategies into production systems.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.