Sitec are currently recruiting for a Validation Engineer to work for our client, Caterpillar. This is a contract position, for an estimated 12 months.
The maximum rate for this role is up to £31.00 p/hr LTD Company
PROJECT / ROLE OVERVIEW
Caterpillar's legacy of industry leadership dates back to 1925. We have a global footprint with product in more than 180 countries. Caterpillar is a Fortune 50 company and one of the 30 companies on the Dow Jones Industrial Average. We are among Interbrand's Top 100 Global Brands and recognized as one of Barron's World's Most Respected Companies. More than 300 products make up the most diverse product line in the industry.
The European Division of Advanced Components & Technologies (AC&T) designs and develops electrical and electronic control systems for Caterpillar engine and machine prime products developed and produced in Europe
The Engine Systems Team is part of the (AC&T) European Division and is responsible for development and implementation of electrical and electronic control systems for diesel engines developed by Caterpillar in the UK.
The successful applicant for this position will join the Team and be responsible for identifying, planning, coordinating and executing validation activities to support the development of engine control systems and mitigate system risk.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE VALIDATION ENGINEER:
* Working within an engineering team, identify potential component, system and integration issues associated with new products or current product enhancements.
* Capture the risks and create action and validation plans to mitigate the risks
* Develop test requirements, coordinate and execute the validation activities to mitigate program risk and ensure the system is verified and validated for production.
* Record, analyse and communicate validation results and where required, develop revised solutions to satisfy customer requirements
* Provide Electrical and Electronic SME support to engine performance tests, engine development activities and initial production builds
'Must Have' key skills and competencies for this role
* Proven engineer with 'hands on' validation experience, ideally on engine, transmission or power systems
* Technical background in systems development, integration or validation (electronics or mechanical)
* Good Electrical and Electronic knowledge with 'fault finding' capability
* Very good teaming and communication skills
* Good initiative, self-starter
* Ability to build strong working relations
* Provide focus on the customer and their needs
* Ability to initiate and take independent action
'Desirable' key skills and competencies for this role
* Vector CANape and CANalyzer experience
* FMEA facilitator or Team Lead experience
Ideally, the successful candidate will have Diesel engine or off-highway machine system development or validation experience (or comparable experience with automotive, marine or military vehicle engine systems)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.