Sitec has a requirement for a Validation Engineer for our client - Perkins Engines - at their site in Perkins Engines. The max pay rate is up to £38.00 p/hr LTD Company
This is an interesting role to be involved in the Mechanical Systems Team who have a requirement for a Validation Engineer to support the validation of new and updated diesel engines for industrial application.
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world
The Mechanical Systems team, have a vacancy for an engineer to support the validation of new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications. The role requires the engineer to be able to create validation programmes, defining engine build & instrumentation requirements, and plan/monitor test activities. The role also includes working with test and development engineers to ensure that the program is managed at all stages, activities are delivered to plan, and results are reliable.
The work involves working in a fast moving development environment with the ability to analyse technical situations and make sound technical recommendations based on this analysis.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Experience of Diesel Engine Development
* Ability to troubleshoot build and test issues, and work with component owners and engine test engineers to complete validation test signoff
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Good communication skills, both written instructions and working as part of a team
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Experience of validation planning and use of FMEAs
* Proven project management experience related to Diesel Engine development
* Engineering degree qualified preferred but not essential
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.