Sitec has a requirement for a Validation Engineer for our client Perkins Engines. This is a temporary role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough. The Validation Engineer will work within the Mechanical Systems team.
The Mechanical Systems team, have a vacancy for a Validation Engineer who will be accountable for all aspects of demonstrating the reliability & durability of new engines and engine systems.
They will plan and deliver the validation of new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications, and non-road mobile machinery.
The role involves:
* Identification of risks to product reliability and durability using FMEA, and analysis of in-field usage data.
* Definition of engine build, test and instrumentation requirements.
* Planning and delivery of product validation tests through both our onsite test facility and in-field testing.
* Analysis of engine test data to verify test conditions, reporting on product performance and reliability.
* Root Cause Analysis of failures.
The role is within our Peterborough Engineering & Technology Centre where you will work alongside a range of system and component specialists, with support and collaboration from engineers across Caterpillar facilities.
The Validation Engineer will:
* Support design & development engineers in the completion of FMEA based risk analysis, identifying Failure Modes and Validation Controls.
* Collate the output of system and component FMEA's to identify requirements for rig test, simulation, engine test, and in field validation needs.
* Proactively address potential Failure Modes through design. Working with Simulation & Test engineers to determine product capability.
* Develop detailed test and instrumentation requirements
* Liaising with planning, logistics, build and test engineers, identify and manage issues that could affect the delivery of engine test plans to time and quality targets.
* Analyse engine test data to identify reliability & durability issues, verify the validity of test conditions, and investigate the root cause of failures.
* Work with component teams, test engineers, and the project leads, to drive decision making from engine data reviews and end of test inspections.
* Liaise with application leads & customers to plan in field validation opportunities
The work involves working in a fast moving development environment with the ability to analyse technical issues and make sound technical recommendations based on this analysis.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Delivery of projects within a product development environment
* Understanding of diesel engines
* Experience of validating systems & components
* Use of Design FMEAs to manage product risks and plan validation requirements
* Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Good communication skills, written & verbal
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Facilitation and creation of FMEAs
* Use of data acquisition and analysis tools such as National Instruments DIAdem
* Industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets
* Analysis of engine data and use of diagnostics tools
* Root Cause Analysis and issue investigation techniques
* Relevant Engineering degree or equivalent experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.