Sitec are looking to recruit a Utility Surveyor for our client who is an engineering and design consultancy. The role is a permanent position and based in Reading, Berkshire and paying competitively up to £28,000-£37,000 per annum.
The Client provides an outsourced managed service for land/topographical, measured building and underground surveying to a major defence contractor Client.
The Managed Service is designed to align with the RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) guidance for measured survey of land, buildings and utilities (PAS128).
We require a Utility Surveyor to work within our current surveying team, based on our client site(s).
A member of the Professional Services Framework Team reporting to and supporting the Senior Utility Surveyor. Responsibility for providing utility surveys.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
* Provide a professional surveying service to internal / external customers; gathering and verifying utility asset data
* Process 3rd party utility survey data for inclusion into the corporate asset management systems
* Review data returned from projects and other utility surveys against corporate specifications
* Work with the Senior Utility Surveyor regarding survey specifications, tender assessments and support to all aspects relating to survey on site.
* Understand and apply own responsibilities with regard to the Company's Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standard
Degree, ONC/HNC or equivalent qualification in topographic/land survey
* Fundamental knowledge of survey data production principles and drawing output using AutoCAD and office data processing.
* Ground Penetrating Radar (high and low frequency),
* Topographical survey techniques and equipment Extensive understanding of Leica Viva and 1200 series GPS (Global Positioning System) and Total Station equipment as well as Leica Laser Scanners and Digital Levels
* In depth understanding of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) and their application to data capture and mobile mapping systems
* Understanding of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in relation to survey and relevant data types
* Drainage Surveys
* Radio Detection RD8000 or similar
* Working with defined Surveying processes and software & post process GPR data
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD based products/GIS Software
* Experience in Utility surveying
* Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary survey environment
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Good time and people management skills
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* IT proficient, requiring ability to effectively operate the Microsoft Office Suite
* Attention to detail with pride in output quality and presentation
* Willing and able to gain the necessary level of clearance
* Full UK driving license and own transport
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.