Sitec has a requirement for a User & Acceptance Group Operations Manager for our client based in Plymouth. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months.
This role is within the Marine Sector of our clients business. The Marine Sector delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services. Ranging from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling, equipment support, intelligence, cyber security and training delivered through unique owned and managed infrastructure to defence and civil customers across the globe.
Our client continues to demonstrate their support for diversity in engineering by growing relationships with universities and schools to encourage young people to take up science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) internationally and they are proud to be official partners of the UK Government's 2018 Year of Engineering campaign.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The User & Acceptance Group Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Strategic Infrastructure UAG requirements engineering team, including co-ordination of other core UAG members and cross business representatives:
* To illicit, derive and manage appropriate functional user requirements for the development of future ASTUTE Class facilities in accordance with the processes specified within the RAMD.
* To assure compliance with these requirements through steerage, guidance and direction of the design, safety and project teams in order that the derived designs and safety case for future ASTUTE class facilities can ultimately be accepted by the operator as a member of the DRDL acceptance authority.
* To provide expert submarine maintenance, and facilities operational advice and direction into the design, safety and project teams
* Provide submarine maintenance, operations and requirements input as a member of the DRDL acceptance authority for future facilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
* Essential - Expert, senior management level knowledge of nuclear submarine repair and maintenance from both a platform and facility (docks berth and supporting infrastructure) perspective.
* Beneficial - System engineering/requirements management expertise.
* NIC or equivalent
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.