Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking several Training Designers to be based in their offices in Fareham Hampshire (travel to other client sites) on a contract basis for an estimated 2 months initially although permanent roles are available.
General Description of The Training Designer:
Our Client operates a significant outsourced contract for the provision of education and training services to the Royal Navy. The training services comprise of Naval technical and tactical training and education, delivered by our client's instructors as well as training support (e.g. training planning, equipment support, routine maintenance and training design). The contract is entering an exciting new phase with renewed focus on training innovation, optimisation and collaborative working and this role will provide the support and drive to achieve successful delivery of all aspects of the contract in this new phase.
Reporting to the Training Design Team Leader (East), the Training Designers are responsible for production and development of training design documentation and the identification of instructor competencies and SQEP to support new training requirements
The post holder will apply the Being Babcock principles in execution of all their day to day activities and leadership of their team
Location: The main place of work will be Newgate Lane Fareham with responsibilities for other sites. The role requires a high degree of flexibility; with a requirement for regular travel between sites within the UK.
Key Responsibilities of the Training Designer:
* To support the Training Design Supervisor in ensuring effective and efficient delivery of the FOAP (T) Contract Training Design activities
* The production and development of training design documentation and the identification of instructor competencies and SQEP to support new training requirements
* Ensure compliance with MoD regulations and our clients FOAP (T) QMS procedures
* Applies training design knowledge and experience - is able to demonstrate experience in developing and designing training interventions using a variety of media and technology
* Develops overall instructional strategy - is able to analyse and implement changes to programmes, identifying effective and ineffective instructional design
* Training Design IT knowledge and experience - has a working knowledge of at least one industry-leading tool for design and development (including Learning Management Systems and Learning Content Management Systems)
* TAFMIS CME and TAD - Has a working knowledge of TAFMIS CME and TAD
* To support the Training Design team for admin management of systems and processes for Code 21
* The data entry of training design documentation into TAFMIS.
* Maintain documentation in accordance with Document and Review Management Plan (DRMP).
Other Duties/Responsibilities required of the Training Designer:
* Carry out any other appropriate task that may be required from time to time
* Ensure employees understand they are responsible for their own Health and Safety and that of work colleagues and students in their care
* Ensure the promotion of Equality and Diversity throughout your area/department
* Ensure compliance with MoD regulations and procedures
Technical Experience and Qualifications required of the Training Designer:
* Consolidated experience of Instructional and/or Training Design
* ECDL or equivalent demonstrable proficiency in using IT (hardware/software) within the workplace
* Consolidated experience of a Systems Approach to Training
* Consolidated experience of DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training)
* DCTS Training Design (successful completion)
* DCTS Job Analysis (successful completion)
* Experience in developing technology based design solutions (e-learning, multimedia)
Being Our clients Principles
* Build great relationships based on trust: be easy to do business with; support each other - work towards a common goal and tell us as it is - give honest feedback and constructive criticism
* Never compromise on Health and Safety: ensure everyone goes home safe every day; challenge unsafe behaviour and update and improve our practices, constantly
* Respect people and value their diversity: treat everyone with courtesy and thoughtfulness, be fair with people at all times and listen to others' points of views
* Trust our people to deliver: Give people the authority to do the job; respect colleagues' expertise and create an environment where everyone can excel
* Thrive on complexity: be a problem solver; strive to make the complex simple and keep a cool head in a crisis
* Challenge ourselves and each other: inspires colleagues to do their best, always look for better ways of doing things and embrace opportunities to learn
* Safeguard customers' reputations: pull out all the stops, achieve positive outcomes for each other and take ownership and responsibility
* Always strive to deliver: be flexible when it counts; be agile and responsive to changing needs and deliver to the highest standards, whenever and wherever
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance to SC level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.