Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Training & Development Co-ordinator for a former Energy Research Establishment in Harwell, Oxfordshire. The post is an estimated 10 month contract and is paying competitive hourly rates (PAYE & Umbrella) for a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment
The successful candidate is not required to provide any training.
The client requires support to manage an intensive period of Learning & Development for their staff to support the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) programme across the company, to address a regulatory issue in respect of the Competence Management System and to support the HR aspects of the Community Engagement Training plan for the companies staff for the period from 1 February 2018 to 30 October 2018.
This plan has been developed to address the organisational development under the clients Corporate Target 05 to 'Develop the clients as a high performing, healthy and smart organisation' and to build the clients skills & capability to support the Geological Disposal Facility (GDF) siting process. The objectives of the training support plan are to ensure that the client has effective administrative support to:
1. Support EDI Working Group admin support to the delivery of outcomes from 2017 EDI Survey, specifically all-staff Unconscious Bias training and associated EDI Action Plan deliverables during this period e.g. launch and management of Mentoring Scheme, maintenance of EDI Action Plan, development of effective EDI metrics, and update of personal development plan (PDP) process to align to EDI.
2. Support to review of HR aspects of the clients Competence Management System following regulatory issues and improvement identification plan.
3. Administrative support to the client Organisational Development (OD) & Training plan including review, update and management of identified training courses, admin and Return on Investment. Including support to High Performing Team element of Outreach Team training to effectively engage with communities and associated stakeholders.
4. Support to Investors in People (IIP) Action plan deliverables and accreditation review programme during 2018 and associated outcomes. Support is needed with project managing the implementation of this plan.
The objective of the work is to co-ordinate the implementation of the EDI Action Plan, OD & Training Plan and IIP Action Plan for the client and the development of their competence management system, supporting the clients Head of Human Resources, HR Manager, Head of Organisational Learning and Improvement and Head of Community Engagement.
Scope of work
The successful candidate will manage the co-ordination of the implementation of the EDI Action Plan, OD & Training Plan and IIP Action Plan and development of the competence management system.
The successful candidate will work closely with staff to provide assistance to training providers and trainees.
The successful candidate shall:
* Work with training providers on training administration
* Organise training sessions for trainers and trainees identified in the plan.
* Support the preparation of training material.
* Co-ordinate the development of internal comms approaches with the clients Communications team.
* Keep a record of the completion of the training plans.
* Attend training sessions to facilitate the events, record and ensure delivery of follow up actions and comments.
* Administration and analysis of evaluation of training.
* Closure of actions recorded.
* Support the HR Manager with recruitment logistics co-ordination.
* Other HR Administration tasks as required.
It is anticipated that an average of 5 days effort per week will be required to manage these activities effectively.
In line with the scope defined in Section 3, the ongoing deliverables will include:
* Record of training plans progress and evaluation of effectiveness of training events.
* Note of key comments from training sessions to improve future events.
* Actions recording, updating and closing
* Updating EDI and IIP action plans
* Revised and simplified admin procedures for the Competency Management System
* Log of the mentoring programme
Technical and performance requirements
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Experience of administrative support work in generalist HR/ learning & development and/or Equality & Diversity;
* Proven project management skills;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Experience in organising meetings and training events;
* Broad knowledge of the nuclear industry / radioactive waste management issues (desirable);
* Ability to plan and manage interactive programmes of work to ensure milestones are achieved and delivered to the required standard;
* Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team;
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing;
* Track record of producing documentation within time and quality constraints;
* PC literacy, including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and HR systems.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.