Sitec has a requirement for a Trainee Estimator / Trainee Cost Engineer for our client based in Plymouth. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months.
The Trainee Estimator / Trainee Cost Engineer will support the development and agreement of scope & budgets for projects and controlling forecast and actual costs against them. This includes the provision of risk & opportunity analysis on budgets and change management.
This role is within the Marine Sector of our clients business. The Marine Sector delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services. Ranging from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling, equipment support, intelligence, cyber security and training delivered through unique owned and managed infrastructure to defence and civil customers across the globe.
We continue to demonstrate our support for diversity in engineering by growing our relationships with universities and schools to encourage young people to take up science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) internationally and we are proud to be official partners of the UK Government's 2018 Year of Engineering campaign.
PRINCIPAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
* Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets incl Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
* Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
* Implementation of change management process on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements
* Provision of weekly and monthly performance & cost reports and associated analysis/narrative
* Support on provision of estimates, resource and financial forecast data from the project into the business
* Cost estimate alignment between Primavera and IFS
* Ensure a full and detailed understanding and interpretation of the Customer requirements incl. Project gate and phase reviews iaw the Project Life cycle
* Support the continuity between estimating and project delivery
* Development and maintenance of Project Assumptions/Exclusions and Dependencies logs
* Management of the project change register and associated impact assessments
* Ensuring that the schedule is cost loaded in line with the Baseline budgets
* Maintain project EAC's and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline
* Govern alignment of integrated schedule to project change register and budgets/forecasts
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
* No formal experience is necessary but any engineering or project based experience would be an advantage.
* Min 4 GCSE's or equivalent including mathematics and English including a science or technology subject.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.