Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Traffic / Customs Facilitator for our client Perkins Engines, at their facility in Stafford. This is a contract role, for an estimated 3 months initially. The rate of pay is between £17.50 to £26.40 per hour Ltd Co / Umbrella Co or the P.A.Y.E. equivalent, dependant on experience.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
The main responsibilities are:
- Daily liaison with freight forwarders & customs brokers on import clearance instructions for material inbound to Perkins
- Retention of required customs paperwork
- Monitor & address accuracy of customs transactions (commodity codes, country of origin, etc)
- Support the development of controlled process documentation
- Provide day to day support to Stafford facility in response to import/customs related queries
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / KEY SKILLS:
Essential requirements are:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self Starter
- Experience of working with freight forwarders and knowledgeable on customs regulation basics
- Understanding of international supply chain including incoterms
In addition preferable requirements:
- Strong process discipline with previous process improvement experience.
- Strong Customs regulations expertise
- Experience in Manufacturing/Engineering environment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.