Sitec has a requirement for a Traffic Coordinator for our client - Perkins Engines.
This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months and will be based at our clients site in Peterborough.
The pay rate is dependent on experience, with rates up to £11.00 p/hr PAYE.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Traffic Coordinator will assist with managing the movement of inbound materials. The successful candidate will also be involved in pay/avoid related duties/taxes; compile/input and maintain freight, distribution and insurance data.
* Assist in the planning, development implementation and operation of the systems and processes for the payment and avoidance of duties and taxes.
* Liaise with HM (Her Majesties) customs to ensure European Community regulatory compliance and rules applicable to duty/tax avoidance.
* Assist in the preparation, completion and submission of the monthly returns of duties/taxes paid (and avoided) to HM customs.
* Liaise with suppliers (and customers) shipping lines & haulers in connection with the movement of goods. Process/finalize insurance claims as/if applicable under the Maritime Insurance Policy.
* Obtain authorization and verification for customs clearance agency use of Perkins' deferment account and apportions costs internally.
* Complete compliance checks to ensure accuracy of customs clearances and completeness of paperwork as per SOx and HM (Her Majesties) customs requirements
* Ability to provide basic guidance and support to internal and external customers on HM (Her Majesties) customs requirements.
* Typical internal customers include a Department or Business/Service Unit in a Division. The position's primary customers are internal. Most of the problems faced by the position are similar to those faced before and follow a pattern. The incumbent resolves issues by selecting the best solution from a few choices. Impacts key quality goals including Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, etc.
TRAVEL/ OTHER INFORMATION:
Limited travel required (Less than 5% of working time).
Employee may also be responsible for performing other job duties occasionally as assigned.
* The position requires familiarity with an office environment and general clerical experience. Some experience with personal computers would be helpful.
* The position typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
* In addition, several months of job-related experience are typically required.
* Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.