Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Traffic and Customs Analyst for our client Perkins Engines, at their facility in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 3 months initially.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
The Imports & Duty Team is a small department dealing with the import and customs procedures for goods imported into the UK for Perkins Peterborough.
The Traffic and Customs Analyst will assist with the administration of managing the movement of inbound materials and pay/avoid related duties/taxes; compile/input and maintain freight, distribution, insurance and packing data relating to the engine pricing database.
Job Related Statistics:
Compliance Accuracy - 95%
Imports - c£185 Mil
Paid Duty - c£3.6 Mil
VAT Paid - c£37 Mil
Inbound Freight & Forwarding Costs - £5 Mil
* Assists in the administration of planning, development implementation and operation of the systems and processes for the payment and avoidance of duties and taxes.
* Ensure all import entries are raised/completed/filed by due dates and are fully compliant with H.M. Revenue & Customs (HMRC) requirements.
* Supporting the Caterpillar Trade Compliance practices to ensure that these are complied with and maintained.
* Complete Vendor Managed Inventory reconciliation to ensure that all such records are accurate and are apportioned correctly.
* Liaises with suppliers (and customers) shipping lines & haulers in connection with the movement of goods.
* Customer Focus
* Decision Making
* Planning and Organising
Between £11.00 to £14.00 p/hr PAYE (dependent on experience)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.