Sitec is seeking a Trade Compliance Manager for our client, a major player in the Defence industry, to work within its Trade Compliance department to support the management of all aspects of Export Control and Compliance and, as required, the export regulations of other countries, such as the U.S.A.
This is a Contract role expected to be long-term with a competitive rate, dependant on experience.
* The challenges are the international movement of goods, services, information etc. from a "Trafficking and trans-shipment" perspective, where the business is being impacted.
* Our client needs' someone who is alert to the international aspects of the business and be proactive in ensuring the supply chain is then mobilised timely to manage their national trade compliance requirements.
* As Trade Compliance Manager you will provide a business support service including advice and guidance to the business and its' functions to ensure it remains compliant with UK and other relevant trade control laws and regulations.
Reporting to the Head of Trade Compliance, the manager will work closely with Project teams within the Business and its related functions to provide support, including advice and guidance, on International Trade matters in order to ensure compliance with UK, EU, US and other Export Control laws and regulations ("Trade Control regulations"). The role will include liaison with management and project teams to ensure that relevant directives and related policies and processes are followed.
Work closely with members of the Compliance function to ensure alignment with departmental procedures and site import/export teams' operations.
With a home base in Bristol, the role will involve regular national travel and occasional international travel.
Key Accountabilities/Areas of Responsibility:
* Provide expert advice and guidance to individuals and managers at all levels to ensure compliance with UK and foreign import / export laws (including the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)), as well as conforming with internal corporate policies and procedures.
* Submission and management of Export Licence applications to the UK Department for International Trade Export Control Organisation ("DIT-ECO") via SPIRE to ensure UK export licences meet the Business and customer requirements.
* Submission, where required, of MoD Form 680 ("F680") applications to UK MoD via SPIRE and liaison with UK MoD in order to secure approvals consistent with the company requirements.
* Work with Project Teams ("IPTs") to ensure Commodity List Classification (CLC)/ Export Control Ratings are in place.
* Work with Project Teams and functions to ensure that Export Control and Trade Compliance aspects of Equipment and Technology (including data) are properly managed by IPTs in compliance with UK and Foreign export authorisations.
* Deliver Export Control and Trade Compliance training.
* Initiate internal Trade Compliance assessments, preparation of reports including draft Voluntary Disclosures for approval by Head of Trade Compliance. Review, amend and approve Trade Compliance reports.
* Preparing for and supporting internal/external audits.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge:
Good proven personal and interpersonal, organisational, time management and planning skills, as well as the ability to work within a multi- functional team. The ability to make independent decisions, demonstrate good problem solving, negotiating and influencing/mediating skills essential.
The following skills and experience are required:
* Educated to a degree level, or hold a professional qualification, or with at least 5 years relevant business experience
* Experienced practitioner with working knowledge of UK Export Licencing
* Experienced practitioner with working knowledge of foreign import / export regulations, particularly US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and US Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
* Good understanding of UK Import and Export Control and related UK/EU Customs regulations
* Excellent written English
* Good commercial awareness
* Strong interpersonal/influencing skills to support decision making based on credible knowledge of International Trade.
* Presentation skills in order to deliver training
* Good all round computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
* Meeting management skills (organise, chair, record, action)
* Strong interpersonal / interview skills
* Driving licence for UK assignments
* Awareness of, and general familiarity with, SAP ERP Core Component (ECC)
* Awareness and familiarity with SAP Global Trade System (SAP-GTS)
* Good understanding of trade compliance considerations for international support programmes within the aerospace, defence and security sector
* Attention to detail
* Team player
Intrinsic Job Factors:
An office-based role working full time hours during the normal working week (Monday - Friday) which can often be in a demanding environment. The role involves working to tight deadlines on a regular basis. Some weekend working may be required on an occasional basis.
The successful candidate will be part of a small team which provides Import/Export Control and Trade Compliance support to the business operations throughout the UK.
As part of this role, the successful candidate will be expected to travel to other sites in the UK on a frequent basis, depending on the business needs, and may also be expected to stay overnight as part of this travel.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.