Sitec are looking to recruit a Tooling CAD Designer for our client who are a leading UK construction and regeneration company. The role is an estimated 6-12 month contract and is based near Reading. The hours are 40 per week and paying competitively on a Ltd / Umbrella basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment.
Provide a CAD based design service supporting the Manufacturing Engineers, Operational
Facilities, Production Agencies and/or Programmes across the company, in the provision of
tooling and equipment that meets the needs of manufacturing processes within delegated areas of responsibility.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
That all technical aspects of new and current tooling and equipment within designated area of responsibility are available and underwritten, including but not limited to:
* Design of tooling or equipment utilising Siemens NX software
* Presentation of the design at process and/or design reviews
* Production (or management of the production) of all Technical Product Specifications in support of the design (drawings, specifications, MI's etc)
* Manage the modification of existing tooling and equipment as required in accordance with MFG 1168 including the preparation and maintenance of CAN's
* Produce and maintain Design History Files utilising Siemens Teamcenter
* Procurement (or assist in the procurement) of tooling and equipment and act as technical authority during manufacture
* Prove out the tool or equipment in conjunction with the ME
* Assist the ME in the commissioning of the tool or equipment
* Act as Technical Authority during the life and disposal of the tool or equipment
* To ensure responsibilities are understood and applied with regard to the Company's
* Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
* To safeguard Company information and assets from unauthorised access or disclosure, reporting security breaches and apply security at all times
Qualifications and Training
* HNC or equivalent in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, with an Engineering Apprenticeship or recognised formal training in mechanical engineering
Technical Skills and Experience
* Working knowledge of CAD techniques, preferably Siemens NX software
* A good knowledge of Manufacturing Techniques and Processes
* A good knowledge of Product Definition (Drawing) Standards
* UK Health and Safety Legislation
* Quality Standards and Procedures
* Configuration Management
* Understanding the Product Lifecycle Management of data (PLM)
* Proven product design experience preferably in a production support area including the generation/modification of design documentation packages including supporting calculations and reports
* Practical experience of machine tools, production activities and processes
* Good interpersonal skills and an ability to interact at all levels
* The ability to use a variety of Computer Software packages including the use of 3D CAD Systems, preferably Siemens NX / Siemens Teamcentre software
* Application of product design standards
* Competent in the writing of Technical Reports and presenting of technical information
* A determination to succeed and a high degree of flexibility are essential
* To work effectively with others towards common objectives
* To be clear and unambiguous in Technical Communication
* Demonstrable and sound safety culture
* Client care and repeat business are intrinsic to the role you will need to demonstrate an aptitude of effective communication with our clients that supports this key business objective.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.