Sitec has a requirement for a Thermal Engineer working for our client based in Stevenage.
The position is a contract role for an initial 6 months, and the max rate of pay is up to £35.00 p/hr LTD Company.
JOB PROFILE OF THE THERMAL ENGINEER
* Assess validity of specification, ensuring correct interpretation and adherence of thermal requirements.
* Select and justify thermal analysis to meet objectives, complete and frequently supervise others in analyses.
* Influences the definition of role and responsibilities of the thermal analysis function, standards of work and data management.
* Ensure own and subcontracted aspects of configuration / detailed design incorporate all features necessary to enable subsystem, design for manufacture, integration and required hardware re-use.
* Defines and ensures thermal testing achieves hardware qualification or acceptance, and relevance of analysis / correlation.
* Guide identified thermal testing, and provides guidance to others as to ensure achievement of test objectives. Define scope and complete post-test assessment and correlation activities.
* The setting of standards, authoring and checking of clear and concise thermal analysis reporting, demonstrating the understanding of thermal behaviours and compliance.
* Technical presentation of analysis and test results, observations and conclusions and instruction to experts and at formal reviews. Negotiates, prepares and maintains plans, work package descriptions, schedules and risks as to ensure tasks & activities are completed on time, on quality and on cost.
* Representing thermal analysis function considering all parts of the product development life cycle, justifies product design and / or achievement of test objectives. Actively contribute to improvement of working process / practice.
* Presentation of all analysis results, observations and conclusions to peers and managers, including outside of the thermal group.
* Supervise, coach and mentor engineers and subcontractors on thermal analysis.
* Influence product / system design teams, representing wholly the thermal analysis function on technical issues.
* Interaction with clients divisions and external customers to agree requirements, present progress and answer technical queries.
* Delegated review of thermal analysis and test data or formal documentation presented by external suppliers.
* Understanding of thermal system, subsystem or equipment environment, design drivers, design and functional requirements validated by analysis and test.
* Advanced understanding of thermal analysis techniques, methods and principles.
* Advanced knowledge and experience in the application of thermal analysis software tools and the management of simulation data.
* Proven capability in supervising, coaching and mentoring others throughout the completion of activities.
* Practised in establishing and executing work plans and cost estimates.
* MS Office, ESATAN-TMS, Thermica
* Excel (incl. Visual Basic), MATLAB
Education & Training
* Degree or equivalent in Physics, Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or similar related discipline.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.