Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Test Technician for our client Perkins Engines, at their facility in Stafford. This is a contract role, for an estimated 6 months initially.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
As a part of the Product Development and Global Technology division (PD>), Global Engine Development (GED) UK delivers machine, engine system and component testing programmes for its customers on a range of products. GED-UK is a world-class development facility supporting the Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) in the development of new and existing products. The GED Test Engineering Team have responsibility for the build, testing and assessment of prototype diesel engines, up to 2500Kw, for both current product improvement and new product introduction projects (including performance, emissions, verification and validation testing).
A Contract Engine Test Development Technician position is required within the GED Test Engineering team and will be responsible for the delivery of the testing programmes that we support.
* Accountable for the delivery of customer engine build and test requirements
* Data measurement, collection, provision of results, use of computerised test bed controls and data acquisition
* Assume ownership of test bed data quality assist Engineers in test methodology and interpretation of results
* Support Caterpillar Production System (CPS) OEE improvement and activities and 6 Sigma improvement projects
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
* Relevant work experience
* Experience of working in a computerised environment
* Must have the ability to communicate effectively with team members
* Aptitude and ability to absorb and learn new technologies continuously
* Strong interpersonal skills Highly -motivated and able to work closely within the team environment
* Good fitting skills and attention to detail with aptitude to deliver first class quality and to strive for continuous improvement capable of team work and rapid priority / job switching.
* Customer focussed, hands on-on team player to assist others meet their goals. Able to work proactively on own imitative and support continuous improvement environment
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey/absorb technical information and to respond to complex situations
* Experience of working in an engineering development environment
* Recognised Engineering ONC Mech qualification
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.