Sitec has a requirement for a Test Team Lead - Electrical, for our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months and the max rate of pay is up to £29.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Working as a member of the Assembly Integration and Test team with Mechanical and Electrical specialists whose objective is to produce world leading satellite payloads.
The Test Team Lead - Electrical is responsible for the Electrical Operations Team to guarantee the delivery of all test phases on multiple projects. The role is to ensure that the Test Operators are focused on the correct priorities so that test activities are completed on the communications module to strict deadlines and of the highest quality.
The Test Team Lead will drive continuous improvements and the reduction on non-quality in the area of electrical and RF test operations.
The below provides an overview of day-to-day responsibilities, please contact Ashley for a comprehensive and detailed job description.
- Ownership of their cleanroom bay ensuring only permitted people can enter the area and to ensure all operators are using the correct PPE for the task. Near miss hazard identification with team including frequent bay walk a rounds and actively solve local issues.
- The Test Team leader is involved in the definition / review of the standard bay layout.
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained by everyone working in the area including regular 5S audits are to be carried out and issues resolved locally by the team or escalated when outside of their scope. Ensure the bay is always conforming to the standard layout.
- Ensure each person entering their bay is attired correctly for working in the cleanroom based on agreed rules, and actively challenge anybody who is not conforming to these regulations and escalating as necessary. Coats fully fastened, earth straps, beard covers, shoes, etc.
- Enforce all cleanroom rules with anybody working in the cleanroom - i.e. Critical Move entry, mobile phones, food, etc.
- Monitor teams discipline when working on assigned tasks. Ensure they are always working efficiently and challenge the team to perform to the expected standard / quality.
- Management of all cleanroom operational processes owned by the payload test team for all payload test phases.
- Work with the Lead Engineers to agree the 'daily contract' of work to be carried out and highlight any difficulties based on skill, resource, tools, and means.
- Support the RF Lead in forward planning and looking at what tests are planned in the near term to ensure that paperwork, test aids and skills are available.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Operations Log contents and reporting to the Lead Engineer. Each activity in the daily Ops view should have a set status, priority, time spent / remaining and comments on the progress.
- Set up the following shift via the Operations Log and allocate tasks to the new shift so that they start working immediately. Carry out a standard handover to the next team leader to ensure key messages are understood with a follow up email.
- Liaise with RF Systems teams when required to notify them of status and gain approval to move onto next priority. e.g. at the end of alignment planes.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out to the correct level of quality and any issues are tackled with the team. Carry out PPS (Practical Problem Solving) sessions to define root causes and escalate as required.
- Ensure all documentation is completed before the shift handover, stopping the team working with enough time to carry this out.
- Ensure at the end of a test phase all documentation is complete and handed back to the RF lead or process owner.
- The Test team leader will ultimately be the owner of any improvement roadmap / improvement objectives related to Test in the cleanroom.
- Electrical and/ or RF Engineering skills
- Experience in Electrical Test environment
- HND or Degree in Electrical / Electronic discipline, Electrical Test Engineering or RF & Communications
- Management and/ or Team leading experience, with leadership abilities
- Aerospace, Communications, Automated Test Equipment development
- Strong Electrical/RF test measurement experience
- Utilisation of automated test systems; including ATE Test Hardware & Software development
- COTS digital test equipment experience
- Presentation skills - Clear and concise presentation of the project status to peers, managers, and internal customers
- Confidence - Comfortable to deal with challenging situations and challenging of discipline
- Organised - Good time management to ensure the team is always working and tasks are ready for the next operator
- Delivering feedback - positive and constructive to local team
- Conflict management - dealing with local team issues
Candidates should provide flexibility to adapt to different working patterns, including ability to work off-site (UK and abroad).
Work hours will include various shift patterns as per project needs, including but not limited to: normal days, 2 or 3 shift systems, 4on / 4off and weekend working.
Successful applicants must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance to SC Level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.