Sitec are seeking a Test / Instrumentation Engineer for our client Caterpillar based in Desford Leicestershire. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 Months. Pay Rates are between £22 to £33 per hour Ltd Co / Umbrella Co. or the equivalent P.A.Y.E. depending on experience.
Caterpillar Building Construction Products at Leicester is dedicated to the assembly of small construction machines, typically used on building and construction sites - Backhoe Loaders, Mini Hydraulic Excavators and Compact Wheel Loaders. Founded in 1952, Leicester was the first venture by Caterpillar, outside the United States. The Caterpillar Building Construction Products' fabrication facility at Stockton uses the latest technology to cut, weld and machine all the major structures for use at its assembly plant at Leicester.
As Test/Instrumentation Engineer the succesful candidate will serve as an individual contributor on projects and assignments that are complex in nature and that support and enhance Caterpillar product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but not limited too.
* Contribute to the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems in machine test and development.
* The role is part of a global development team, travel maybe required up to 15% for a period of 1-2 weeks at a time
* Perform complex analysis work, identify, and solves problems
* Able to setup data logging equipment to record pressure, flow, displacement and temperature.
* Design own tests to validate Caterpillar products, example for a cooling or hydraulic histogram test
* Evaluate products and processes
* Perform product maintenance
* Communicate technical information to dealers, customers, team members, suppliers, and other units
* Support and advise other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and suppliers
* Develop and maintain an understanding of internal and external customers' needs
* Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science
* Previous experience of working in a test and development environment
* Technical knowledge of construction machinery
* Strong analytical skills for processing test data and compiling technical reports
* Self-starter with the ability to perform complex tasks
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers
* Experience working with a different unit or working with different products, processes, or systems
* Masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.