Sitec are looking for a Test Engineer (Satellite Propulsion) for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract position for an initial 6 month period. The pay rate for this role is £30ph LTD Company.
Job Summary of Test Engineer (Satellite Propulsion)
Performs test and launch site services on -
* Spacecraft propulsion components.
* Satellite propulsion ground support equipment.
* Full satellite propulsion systems for multiple projects including Telecomms and ENS projects using high pressure gases.
* Launch site services including the use of hazardous chemicals.
Preparation of test and launch services documentation and the recording of test data.
Job Profile of Test Engineer (Satellite Propulsion)
Responsible and accountable for carrying out all aspects of Satellite Propulsion Test and Launch Services within the stated Cost, Schedule and Quality requirements.
Formulation and up-issue of propulsion test and launch services engineering procedures under the guidance of a Propulsion Test Lead Engineer.
Will be required to prepare items of ground support equipment for test and launch campaigns.
Responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality standards at all times.
Responsible for the Health and Safety of the test and launch campaign team when working on and off site.
A sound knowledge and understanding of Satellite Propulsion Systems and components and of the associated AIT processes.
Both CPS and PPS test and system knowledge is essential.
Relevant experience of Satellite Propulsion Test and Launch Operations is essential.
Previous experience of operating high pressure inert gas systems is essential.
Engineering based HNC/HND or equivalent plus relevant satellite/space experience.
A good knowledge and understanding of mechanical and pneumatic systems, and some basic electrical engineering skills.
2-3 years relevant experience of Assembly, Integration and Test.
Must be proactive and demonstrate strong team player characteristics
A dynamic, enthusiastic and committed individual with demonstrated experience of working under pressure to tight schedules.
* Be able to use breathing apparatus.
* Must be experienced in the use of hand tools.
* Understand and promote the notion of quality at all times.
* PC literacy - Microsoft Office and other popular PC based software
* Good communication skills at all levels.
* Be prepared to work overtime and support shift work when required.
* Must be able to read, understand and follow engineering drawings and schematics.
Must be prepared to travel abroad frequently at short notice, and occasionally for extended periods (4-6 weeks)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.