Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Test Engineer for our client based in Stevenage.
This is a contract role for an estimated 24 months; the max rate is up to £25 per day Hour + 20% Shift Allowance
Undertaking a full range of engineering activities within the electrical test team for Cryo-Cooler/SADM/ADTM programs, where the primary role is to configure, instrument and undertake test operations on space equipment using specialist/bespoke test equipment to meet customer quality test standards and requirements.
The role encompasses the following critical aspects:
Responsible for mechanical & electrical test activities on cryo cooler programs to include all aspects of test setup, execution and post process activities.
The cryo coolers are pressurised systems using noble gasses and so knowledge of working with pressure vessels is necessary.
* Working in conjunction with the Test Manager and Lead EVT Engineer.
* Working in conjunction with Mechanisms & Cryo-Coolers project design office.
* Liaise with support departments including Manufacturing Engineering, AIT Operations and AIT Managers.
* Quality Assurance and Product Assurance.
* Project / Programme Managers.
* Health & Safety Management.
* External Customers representatives.
Key Skills of Test Engineer:
* Review, interpretation execution of electrical, mechanical and pressure test requirements.
* Provide test solutions.
* Definition of project test equipment requirements.
* To provide technical inputs to formal project reviews.
* Preparation of test plans, test procedures and test reports.
* Preparing and organising electrical and mechanical test activities.
* Performing electrical integration, manual and automated test at unit, subsystem & system level.
* Ensure standard electrical, mechanical and pressure AIT processes are applied for bespoke project specific Cryo-cooler requirements.
* Electrical, mechanical and pressure test and support during environmental test activities.
* Maintain test instrumentation, facilities and equipment including a robust planned preventative maintenance cycle.
* Liaise with internal customers about their projects.
* Provide technical input into test equipment design and procurement. Including test equipment reliability, root cause analysis of process and quality errors, and identifying improvement opportunities.
* Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered to. Ensure all procedures work instructions and processes are followed and correctly annotated on the completion of every operation.
Essential Experience of Test Engineer:
* Minimum of 3-5 years' experience In an Electrical/Mechanical test working capacity.
* In depth knowledge of the electrical testing of high value high precision assemblies.
* Understanding and practical application of Health & Safety regulations.
* E Demonstrable experience working in an electrical, mechanical and pressure test environment.
* In depth knowledge of testing of high value, high precision assemblies.
* Self-motivated and able to learn quickly through on-the-job experience.
* Development of Automatic Test Procedures (ATP) using bespoke high level test S/W language, for execution of the test H and control of the test environment.
* Computer literacy - especially in Microsoft office with advanced knowledge of Excel.
* Competent in the use of various types of test equipment used for electrical, mechanical and pressure measurements.
* Competence with and awareness of pressurised systems and pressure vessels.
* Understanding of technical documents (drawings, procedures, technical notes) and general engineering practices utilised in the Aerospace industry.
* Writing and updating technical documentation specifically test procedures.
Desirable Experience of Test Engineer:
* Understanding of Space environmental conditions would be an advantage.
* Writing software scripts for execution of the test and control of the test environment.
* Development of Automatic Test Procedures (ATP) using bespoke high level test S/W language, for execution of the test D and control of the test environment.
* Develop scripts using standard LINUX scripting tools.
* Awareness of 'clean room' disciplines and grades.
* Knowledge of Vibration, Vacuum & Climatic test techniques / systems to include Test & Measurement Instrumentation methods.
* Experience in a bespoke test and manufacturing environment within the electrical/ electronic industries under high quality control.
Qualifications and Skills:
HND or higher qualifications in a relevant discipline
Key skills in English, Maths and Physics
Travel and Shift Working:
Occasional overseas travel will be part of the role.
Weekend and shift work will be required on an ad hoc basis
Typical shift patterns are -
06:00 to 14:00 for which 20% uplift may be paid
14:00 to 22:00 for which 20% uplift may be paid
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.