Sitec have a requirement for 4 Test Engineers to work for our client in Devonport Dockyard. These are contract positions with an estimated duration of 6 months +
To be part of a team of Engineers within the Commissioning Group (Warships), carrying out Inspections and Commissioning on HM Warships. Including liaising with both Royal Navy and Project staff on a daily basis. Completion of Test Documentation and Certification is another key role within this job.
Main Tasks Responsibilities
To ensure the safe operation of all plant during the conduct of setting to work and commissioning and to comply with the requirements of Company procedures.
The inspection, testing, calibration and commissioning of systems and equipment in accordance with authorised documentation. This may include carrying out fault finding, proposing corrective solutions and identifying/signing off defects
Researching and compiling test documentation in accordance with the test index and ensuring that the requirements of the work specification are understood and include
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
* Knowledge of Royal Naval platforms
* Knowledge of Electrical / Mechanical Marine Systems
* Experience of commissioning process
* Knowledge of Power and Distribution equipment/systems
* Knowledge of Mechanical Auxiliary Systems
* Flexibility and good team player essential.
* Knowledge Diesel; Generators advantageous
* Time served Apprenticeship in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
* ONC in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, a lower level of qualification may be acceptable provided the post holder has substantial and relevant experience.
Systems they commission will include:-
WATERTIGHT/GASTIGHT DOORS & HATCHES - CHALK TEST
SCUTTLES - CHALK TEST
QAHWTC's & HWTC's - CHALK TEST
ACCOMMODATION LADDER - LOAD TEST
CAPSTAN - INSTALLATION CHECK
CAPSTAN - OPERATION
CAPSTAN - LOAD TRIAL
RAS HIGHPOINT - INSTALLATION CHECK
RAS WINCHES - INSTALLATION CHECK
RAS HIGHPOINT - OPERATION
RAS WINCHES - OPERATION
ETC. ETC. Full list supplied on application
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.