Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Test and Verification Engineer for our client based in Newport.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months although this is likely to be extended; the max rate is up to £300 per day LTD.
Role Outline of Test and Verification Engineer
To develop test materials pertaining to the Information Systems (IS) elements of the client's systems as part of the UK IV&V test team. Create test plans and scripts that can be executed part of the UK-based Integration Test activities
The position will be based in Newport; however some travel to Naples, The Netherlands and Brussels may be required. It is envisaged that this role will be required until mid-2019.
Key Responsibilities of Test and Verification Engineer
* Produce Test Stage Test Plans for Integration and Acceptance Test Phases
* Prepare Test Stage Test Scripts, detailing test steps, test data and expected results
* Track and report test progress against stage test phase execution schedules
* Contribute to the production of the Test Stage Test Exit Reports
* Peer review of T&V team test deliverables and Engineering design documentation
* Assist in the defining of the test environment configuration required to support scheduled tests during a stage test phase
* Support integration test activities including test execution of test phase test scripts, record and verify results and capture defects upon observation of non-compliance
Decision Making Authority
As Test and Verification Engineer you will make decisions on the following:
* The validity and integrity of tests being executed during a stage test phase
* The condition and configuration of the test environment on which tests are to be or are run
* Test schedule progress in alignment with the stage test plan
* Capture and recording of defects, risks and issues
* Recommend remedial measures or actions to maintain compliance with stage test phase plans.
Problem Solving Responsibilities
* Issues arising from compliance with the T&V stage test phase schedule
* Issues arising from the condition or configuration of the test environment
* Issues arising from the quality of reporting and delivery.
* Educated to ONC diploma level either in a science or engineering based subject - desirable
* Formal qualifications in testing (Foundation level of ISEB Software Testing) - highly desirable
* Relevant manufacturers or technical courses (i.e. Oracle, SQL)
* Experience with working with PKI solutions a distinct advantage
* Experience of projects involving multiple suppliers using varying delivery and test approaches - essential
* Knowledge and experience of IEEE829 and BS7925-2 - essential
* Proven experience in an industry standard Test Management and Defect Management tool, e.g. HP ALM (formerly Mercury Quality Centre), Rational Test Manager - essential
* Demonstrable knowledge of security testing at both layer 4 and 7 - highly desirable.
* Understanding of Problem, Change, Release and Configuration Management processes - essential
* Experience in use of Microsoft Project or similar planning tool - desirable
* Broad understanding of the Prince2 project management methodology - desirable
* Ability to receive tasks and work independently
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
* Strong communication skills and the ability to be concise in both written and verbal communications.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.