Duration: Est. 6 months
Test and Verification Engineer
Sitec has a requirement for a Test and Verification Engineer for our client based in Hook, Hampshire. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months, the max rate of pay is up to £400.00 p/day.
The T&V Engineer will have the following key responsibilities:
- Identifying stage test phase motivators and contributing to the detailed stage test phase detailed project plans in conjunction with the Lead Engineer
- Compiling the stage test phase test cases
- Allocating and coordinating the stage test phase test execution schedules
- Assisting in the production of the stage and phase Risk Analysis
- Production of stage test phase Test Plans
- Production of stage phase Test Scripts including the definition of test data and expected results
- Evaluate and report on the progress and effectiveness of test effort against stage test phase project plans
- Assist in the review and validation all Subcontractor/Supplier test deliverables, including on-site inspections at Subcontractor/supplier premises.
- Production of the stage test phase Test Exit Reports
- Evaluate and report on the product quality of all stage and phase test deliverables
- Perform test execution of test phase test scripts, record and verify results and capture defects upon observation of non-compliance
- Responsible for defining the test environment configuration required to support scheduled tests during a stage test phase.
- At least 3 years test engineering experience - essential
- Experience of projects involving multiple suppliers using varying delivery and test approaches - essential
- Knowledge and experience of IEEE829 and BS7925-2 (or equivalent) - essential
- Understanding of Problem, Change, Release and Configuration Management processes - essential
- Broad understanding of the Prince2 project management methodology - highly desirable
- Proven experience in Comms/network infrastructure testing - essential
- Knowledge of environmental/TEMPEST test techniques - highly desirable
- Knowledge of Military/secure/civil infrastructure systems testing - essential
- CISCO, Riverbed and Bluecoat experience
- Educated to HND/Degree level either in a science or engineering based subject - essential
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.