Sitec are currently recruiting for a Test and Development Technician working for our client based in Peterborough. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months. The max pay rate for this role is £23.00 p/hr LTD Company.
The team is composed of both Engineers and Technicians at various levels. The Test and Development Technician will be responsible for running engines on test beds, and being involved in other test related duties.
To assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future product, components, materials and processes a fired engine test cell environment.
The role is predominantly focused in the engine Noise Cells within the Europe Research and Development Centre in Peterborough.
KEY ROLE OBJECTIVES:
The incumbent is required to install the necessary mechanical hardware in preparation for test in a fired engine test cell environment. This will be assembly of both engine components as well as cell services. The engine will then need to be connected to the dynamometer prior to the procedural checks before firing. The role is responsible for the control of the test bed through the proprietary software for managing the test process and data acquisition, with constant monitoring of engine performance throughout the test.
As part of the role, the incumbent is to liaise with the engineering team to understand the engine configuration, required software files and additional hardware for test. Organisation and coordination of these aspects is key to ensure the planned installation is successful. This will be a requirement for a range of engine types across three engine test cells
The role also encompasses the basic data capture of Noise and Vibration data. The person will be responsible for the arrangement of the measurement transducers, attachment to the engine with the required cable connections to the data acquisition hardware. Verification of data quality begins with the transducer calibrations as well as quality checks whilst measuring data.
* Running Engines on test beds
* Basic data acquisition - getting all components and the engine ready for test
* Responsible for loading an engine on a test cell - driven off a controls system
* Understanding of air system, cooling system
* Control on specific software
* Following basic test procedures
The Test and Development Technician should demonstrate skills in mechanical engineering fundamentals (preferably engines), assembly techniques and mechanical skills, ability to read engineering drawings, knowledge of tolerances, limits and fits. The successful candidate should have basic understanding and experience of measurement techniques using instrumentation would be advantageous.
* Previous experience of operating a fired engine test cell is preferred. Ideally candidates running a dyno is highly desirable
* Fundamental planning and organisation skills
* Computer software skills
* Knowledge of instrumentation and transducers
* Follow procedures and standard work instructions
* Analytical skills - data analytics
* Have worked with data acquisition - displacement measurement, vibration measurement,
* Setting up instrumentation
* Checking data quality
* Calibration of equipment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.