Sitec has a requirement for a Terminal Application Software Engineer for our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months, although is likely to be extended.
The Satcom Terminal Product Group produces a range of market leading products under the brand name of AirPatrol and SCOT. As part of an ongoing and ambitious product development programme there are new terminals / antenna systems being developed.
This team requires a Software Engineer to join the team to maintain the upgrades of some legacy Terminal software and also to develop for future Terminal control software.
The Application Software Engineer will be responsible for maintaining a high degree of technical competency within the Terminals Product group and will manage and guide the existing team in the role of providing innovative Terminals design solutions and implement innovative new design concepts that solve complex technical problems and set technical standards in this field.
The Application Software Engineer responsibilities will include (but not necessarily be limited to) the following:
* Contribute to the implementation of Terminals solutions are correctly implemented;
* Define and implementation of verification and validation activities associated with these solutions;
* Develop maintainable Terminals oriented skills within the Terminals Product Group to support ongoing and future Terminals developments;
In order to support these activities the Terminals Product group requires a highly competent software engineer ideally with experience of monitor and control software hosted on a PC.
* Proven development and maintenance of Real Time Monitor and Control software developed within Microsoft Visual Studio (C++) using Win32 & .NET.
* Good analytical debugging within a Multithreaded system.
* Knowledge of Satcom communications products and services, as well as networking fundamentals (SNMP) will be a distinct advantage
* Ability to work closely with the Terminals engineer and the System Design Authority
* Experience in the definition of and through life development of Terminals Products and/or solutions for terminal's control systems;
* The role requires proven abilities in the following technical areas
- The preparation of software requirements documentation, deriving the software requirements from system level requirements
- Experience in the implementation of real time control systems in software / an understanding of the relationships between control loop response time and software processing time
- Experience in the simulation of the software functions to enable software test in the absence of the full system
- Understanding of the software lifecycle
- Experience in software documentation relating to through life support of the software product
* Desirable to possess knowledge and application of UML, Enterprise Architect, Clearcase, Clearquest (Or equivalent tools)
* Knowledge of Satcom communications products and services, as well as networking fundamentals.
* Ability to work on either a green or brown field project
* Must have proven experience in a Compliance and Quality based project organisation
* Must have the ability to work independently and be an effective contributor in a diversified team
* Must demonstrate creative problem solving skills.
* Must work well within a deadline-driven environment
Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain a BPSS level (with a Disclosure Scotland) clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.