Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Technical Records Project Manager for a closed Nuclear Power Station in South Gloucestershire. The post is an estimated 15 month contract and is paying from £355.00 - £455.00 per day (dependent on experience) for a 37 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment
Purpose of Role
To lead, deliver and control any phases of any projects across programmes and/or sites to time, cost and quality. Typically the projects will be classified as X or A (as per PRO-008 Validation & Sanction), typically in excess of £5M, although this does not preclude the management of lesser valued projects, phases or work packages.
You will be responsible for Project development, coordination and delivery of site restoration technical records system integration; including establishment of critical internal and external programme interfaces, processes and procedures;
This position will require expertise in Project Management, Land Quality Management, and Technical Records Management.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following experience: leadership of integrated project teams, successfully communicating/coordinating across organisations and multi-organisations to achieve desired outcomes, and managing complex environmental projects from project formulation through execution.
* Take personal responsibility for the consistent application of company projects practices and for implementing lessons learned from others.
* Take overall responsibility for ensuring the safe delivery on a project to time, cost and quality ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory process requirements with responsibility for leading the project to a successful conclusion.
* Prepare and present at Validation and Sanction panels.
* Resource and manage a multi-disciplinary project team/ sub-teams ensuring the availability to specialist resources (safety, environmental, design etc.).
* Produce the Project Execution Plan, calling on specialist resources in both the preparation stages and throughout the life of the plan.
* Identify and manage risk in accordance with the Risk and Opportunity Management process. Provide experience and expertise in assisting others with problem solving.
* Forecast contingency required and to draw down as appropriate.
* Consider options for value engineering as well as the potential for changes to the scope/schedule/forecast costings.
* Lead CDM activities for the project in accordance with the Project Health, Safety and Environment Management process.
* Manage significant stakeholder issues or interfaces (internal or external), multiple external suppliers, and significant contract management issues.
* Manage commercial risk to the Company if appropriate.
* Manage interfaces with other projects as appropriate.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* Undertake core competence roles as required.
* As an effective Manager/Team Leader, the post holder will be responsible for People Management, Performance Management, Control and Supervision, Loss Control, Communications, Resource Management and Management of Systems and Processes.
* The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.
* The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
* Support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
Experience / Knowledge
* Significant experience of supervising and control of project work, demonstrating an understanding of how costs can be reduced and safe quality outputs maximised within a scope of work. (Essential)
* Experience of working in complex organisations (Matrix Management) and demonstrating influencing skills and organisation awareness. (Essential)
* Experience of working in and adhering to a highly HSE regulated environment the Health and Safety Legislation which impacts on the responsibilities of the post. (Essential)
* Sufficient knowledge to comprehend, analyse and produce solutions to the range of problems encountered in the Project field. (Essential)
* Experience of managing within a complex and challenging environment. (Essential)
* Proven track record in leadership (Essential)
* Understanding forms of contract (NEC3 ECC) (Desired)
Education / Qualifications / Training
* Educated to Degree level / holds Professional qualification in a relevant discipline (Essential)
* IPMA Level B Certified Senior Project Manager or equivalent experience and a willingness to obtain IPMA Level B Certified Senior Project Manager within 1 year of obtaining the post (Desired)
* CITB Construction Site Manager's Safety Certificate (Essential)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.