Sitec currently have a requirement for a Technical Programme Lead to join our client based in Wolverhampton. This is a contract role for an initial 12 months. The pay rate in DOE.
Job Purpose of Technical Programme Lead:
To successfully lead a team and work within a team to create critical components, systems and/or processes. All project and internal / external customer requirements must be met on time and within agreed budget.
Duties of Technical Programme Lead:
Reporting directly to the engineering manager our technical programme leaders are accountable to pull together and/or lead existing teams of individuals, who may or may not have worked together before, to solve technical problems and/or create critical component(s), systems or processes.
Team leaders may or may not select the team or the job/project deadline. Effective professional leadership is required by demonstrating strong interpersonal / communication skills. In this role Project leadership may account for up to 50% of the workload, with the remaining time spent acting as an individual contributor.
Whilst bringing technical expertise to the table, it will also be necessary to facilitate success by translating information from both customers, management and team members alike in to actions and leveraging some indirect resources as required. You will have the responsibility for drawing out the deliverables from the corporate management tools and translating them into a resourced plan.
You will have opportunities to interact with people from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds, both within and beyond the team. Contractors, hourly, salaried and management employees, suppliers, customers and individuals working in many Caterpillar organisations could all be part of team. The ability to draw upon foundational product development skills such as conceptual design, development of product and/or process, data analysis & extraction, failure resolution & prevention, and requirements management is required; as well as, ever increasing skill in technical project management, development of product, internal and external requirements management, and cost-value management. The ability to recognise and acknowledge trade-offs between time, resources and quality whilst raising the customers' and management's awareness of those trade-offs is essential.
- A Bachelor's degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus >10 years of engineering experience
- A Master's degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or materials Science curriculum plus 7-10 years of engineering experience
- A doctorate in Engineering plus 5-7 years of engineering experience.
- Experience of driveline development, design, integration and validation and root cause analysis methodologies.
- Ability to self-direct, lead and work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of engineering to release processes.
- Off-highway machine design, development and operational experience.
- ProE (Creo) and / or Windchill PDMLink.
- Experience in more than one engineering function.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.