Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Marketing Specialist for our client Caterpillar/ Perkins in Peterborough. This is a permanent role.
Job Title: Technical Marketing Specialist
Salary: £39,000 - £46,000 (depending on depth of experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, bonus, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE/DEPARTMENT
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2017 sales and revenues of $45.462 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Marketing Specialist to join our Sales, Marketing, Servicing & Parts (SMSP) Product Marketing team here in Peterborough.
As the Technical Marketing Specialist, you will be a key part of an active and lively Product Marketing team. The team is responsible for driving customer requirements into the development of our future products and ensuring they are taken to market targeting the key customer segments within our industry. In this role you will own the development of technical sales media, understanding our customers needs and creating innovative ways to improve our technical sales information and creating processes to improve efficiency.
As the successful candidate you will;
* Provide leadership for the marketing team to ensure our product marketing literature and digital media demonstrates our products value messaging and is available and accessible through all channels for our 2 global brands, Perkins and Cat.
* Lead process development to improve the current systems and streamline activities across functions.
* Develop a good understanding of our customers and product providing leadership to develop our sales tools strategy. Working closely with our Marketing Promotions team to develop new and innovative solutions to provide technical and product information for customers.
* Be accountable for the product launch to customers and the market, pulling on a wider marketing team for expertise and execution as required.
* Adhoc travel to understand collaborate across regional teams and execute functions within the role as needed.
* Some industry knowledge of company products and product applications
* Experience in a marketing, commercial or engineering role in order to understand customers who the sales media is targeted to.
* Good human relations skills to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department - this role will work across our 3 regional offices who area apart of the team.
* Able to build strong relationships with various teams and stakeholders.
* Basic engine knowledge desirable
* Engineering background useful but not essential.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.