Sitec has a requirement for a Technical Issue Lead for our client Perkins Engines. This is a temporary role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough.
Supporting our ongoing NPI programs, an opportunity has arisen for a Technical Lead to join our engineering team. In this role, you will support the development of our family of diesel engines 0.5 - 7.1L, working with product managers and engineers to ensure that technical issues identified during our validation and pilot testing, are resolved in a timely and robust manner.
As a key member of the team, you will triage customer issues, identify likely causes, and identify suitable teams to own issues. You will be responsible for providing support & coaching to engineers in methods for determining root causes, whilst reporting to product managers and customers on the progress of projects.
This requirement is for a Technical Issues Lead, the ideal candidate would have experience of fault finding (possible experience with Six Sigma, Ishikawa or 8D knowledge) and wouldnt be looking for a project manager with more broad management skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Review of newly identified issues to ensure appropriate resources are allocated to resolution projects
* Triage of issues to identify product risk, and potential impact to customers
* Maintenance of project plans and timelines
* Provide reporting and leadership to issue owners, and ensure that actions are taken in a timely manner
* Provide coaching in risk identification and root cause analysis techniques (FMEA, 8D, DMAIC, Ishikawa, Fault Tree Analysis)
* Communicate progress to project managers and provide reports & updates to customers
* Manage processes for the management of issues and identification of lessons learnt for use on future programs
Experience & Qualifications:
* Previous experience of resolving technical issues is essential, ideally gained working on Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engines.
* Knowledge of diesel engines, earthmoving machinery, construction equipment, or generating sets
* Detailed experience in a suitable product design and development environment.
* Detailed knowledge of 6 Sigma, 8D or similar root cause analysis
* Excellent communication skills at all levels
* Proven ability to build strategic working relationships, understand business constraints and context, and resolve conflict through compromise and consensus building.
* Experience of leading engineering projects, and delivering through small teams
* Self-directed and capable of handling and prioritising multiple projects.
* Good PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.