Sitec has a requirement for a Technical Engineering Manager for our client within the Defence industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 8 months and will be based in Newport, Wales. The max day rate for this role is up to £450.00 p/day LTD Company.
Our client are currently looking to recruit an technical Manager to work in a project team based out of its site in Newport South Wales. The objective of the role is to lead a successful team focussing on the design, implementation and support of secure ICT systems, and provide the interface between the managerial project team and the Engineering.
The Technical Manager (Project) is accountable for leading the engineering team on a project, and ensuring that the specified architecture is implemented in a timely, cost efficient manner that will meet the needs of the schedule.
They are responsible for defining the strategy for engineering delivery and the leadership, ensuring that the specialist engineering teams are brought together effectively to deliver the engineering content of the project.
The Technical Manager should apply both specialist and engineering generalist skills to ensure that the specialist engineering functions are brought together to deliver the project deliverables in line with the BMS and customer requirements.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Establish top level Work package's aligned to engineering phases for the project.
* Manage the engineering community to ensure that all engineering deliverables are met according to schedule and that these top level work packages are delivered to budget.
* The engineering team on the project all have Work Packages that define what work needs to be implemented, with associated deliverables and the inter-relationships between the Work Packages are clearly defined and understood. The Work Packages are delivered to cost, time and performance.
* Establish the System Engineering review process across the project to ensure design compliance and address strategic engineering risks and issues.
* Facilitating the delivery of technical programmes efficiently - working with all stakeholders to ensure availability of the correct engineering resources where & when they are required.
* Provision of managerial reporting from the teams to the Business Unit Leader
* Managing sub-teams of 6-8 staff, with assigned Team Leaders for engineering matters
* Be accountable for progress to the various boards
* Defining the System Engineering strategy and leading multi-disciplined engineering teams in line with the BMS.
* Ensuring that the System Engineering strategy is implemented throughout both internal and external engineering teams. Ensure that the Design approach selected reduces risk, cost and timescales and aligns with our clients wide engineering solutions.
* The subject matter experts are co-ordinated to deliver an overall coherent engineering solution through using their own engineering knowledge and in-line with the defined system architecture
* Managing progress through co-ordinating and defining Engineering reviews, and ensuring that the reviews occur in-line with the normal engineering practice.
* Managing the engineering approach to reduce and control risks
* Ensuring that the engineers are well managed through means of appropriate engineering Work Packages and reporting to the Project Manager and Senior Technical Manager.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
* Engineering with proven Management experience
* Experience of working in a UK Government department environment.
* Collaborating with the various teams across the Business Unit to create a harmonious and efficient working environment
* Knowledge of Information Security and Assurance procedures
* Proficient with multiple engineering processes, design methodologies and a wide range of technologies.
* Management Office/Project Support Office (PMO/PSO) or similar organization.
* Good understanding of ICT systems
* Good verbal and written communication skills
Personal Attributes / Experience required:
* As such, the role will require candidates with a good ICT technical background and experience of managing teams involved with support activities and systems implementation.
* The position requires a minimum of +5years experienced within a similar role preferably working in secure environment such as MOD/GOV.
* The position also requires experience in managing and running a number of small engineering teams, each of 6-8 people.
* Proven experience of leading teams working on security related projects or initiatives
* Ability to deliver projects successfully in a demanding environment
* Self-motivated & ability to motivate engineers working in a demanding environment
* Able to manage time effectively, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines
* Excellent organisational skills
* A logical, proactive and flexible attitude
* Excellent Communication skills including ability to report at board level Excellent client-facing skills
* Able to work under pressure, whilst maintaining attention to detail
* Confident working with all levels of staff, including Team Management skills
* The ability to travel
Successful applicants will need a background to enable a SC Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.