Sitec has a requirement for a Technical Data and Documentation Engineer for our client based in Filton, Bristol.
This is a contract position - initially for a 6 month period, but expected to be ongoing.
The max rate of pay on offer is up to £27.00 p/hr LTD Company
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
An opportunity has arisen for our aerospace client, for a Technical Data and Documentation Engineer to join the Operational Unit "Technical Data". This is unit is charge of developing and delivering aircraft maintenance documentation, to enable the safe and efficient accomplishment of maintenance operations by the customers (airlines, MRO, lessors).
Technical Data is organized in 3 authoring transnational Domains, and the position is opened in the Systems Domain, within Technical Data Systems department in the UK.
This position offers a wide view on Aircraft Systems: In direct relation with the Design Office who is at the origin of the design and evolution of aircraft systems, our client is in charge of documenting their impact in Technical Data products (manuals AMM or IPC), and our client supports their customers who are operating and maintaining aircraft Systems.
* To deliver the complete documentation at aircraft entry into service and to maintain it all along of the aircraft life cycle is our main mission, and is part of the airworthiness requirements.
* Main challenge is to define precisely the consequences of the design changes on the already published documentation and to understand the immediate impact on Customers operations, with the objective to provide customized documentation in accordance with aircraft configuration.
* Within organizational unit in charge of Technical Data for Landing Gears Systems (SEDY32), and in a working environment characterized by a high level of subcontracting - the Technical Data and Documentation Engineer will be responsible of a portfolio of ATA chapters for all aircraft programs, and will be accountable for the following activities:
Management and coordination of Technical Data authoring activities.
The jobholder will have to ensure the delivery of products content in accordance with specifications, contractual commitments, configuration management rules, approved schedules, quality standards and within budget objectives.
Management and answer to customer questions for complex queries relative to his/her scope of activities.
The jobholder will be responsible for providing efficient support to the customer, sometime under high time pressure (following AOG…). He/she will guarantee, when necessary, accurate and on time correction of Technical Data deliverables.
Assessment of aircraft design inputs (Mod & Mod Proposal, Service Bulletin, …) that drive aircraft evolution in order to detect the impacts in the technical documentation.
Monitoring and steering of subcontracted activities.
The jobholder will ensure Validation & Verification activities as well as quality and production control.
Establishment and maintain of efficient link with Engineering and with Suppliers, for source data collection and for validation.
The jobholder will work in close cooperation with numerous interfaces: customer services departments, design offices, airlines, subcontractors, suppliers. He will act as maintenance data focal point for the interfaced domains.
The jobholder also plays a key role for SEDY3 in terms of continuous improvements for Technical Data processes & tools and for transnational standardization of ways of working.
For this position the following skills are requested
* Knowledge of aircraft Systems and Aeronautics
* Aircraft maintenance - Aircraft configuration Management
* Project Management
* Proactive, good team player and good organizational skills.
* Communication skills and assertiveness.
* Curious and open-minded for change and continuous improvement.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.