Sitec are currently looking to recruit two Technical Authors for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The posts are an estimated 12 month contracts and paying competitively on a Ltd, Umbrella or PAYE basis for a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
* To support the generation of technical documentation
* Gathering information to include in documentation by consulting engineers, scientists and managers
* To provide a clear, consistent and auditable body of documentation
* To assist in the overall delivery of the project by the team
* To present the project and the company in a competent and professional manner in all interactions with organisations external to the project team
* To assist in the continuous improvement of safety and performance
C&G or ONC (or equivalent) in appropriate technical subject
* Experience of producing large volumes of documentation to a high standard, following a corporate style guide and working with document templates
* Experience of creating documentation for large and complex scientific or engineering facilities
* Ability to write concise and effective English
* Flexible & pro-active approach to workload
* Effective planning and prioritisation of own work
* Ability to build effective internal working relationships
* Capable of maintaining effectiveness in a pressurised work environment
* Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.