Sitec are currently looking to recruit Technical Authors for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The posts are permanent and are paying competitively from £22,000 to £40,000 per annum plus benefits, depending on experience.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must hold a British Passport and UK residency for the past 10 years or more to qualify.
The main purpose of the role is to lead in the generation and review of technical documentation, ensuring that the departmental technical documentation is standardised. To generate complex documentation to a professional standard to support Manufacturing Engineers, Operational Facilities, Production Agencies, Maintenance and/or Programmes
across the company. Deliver documentation, development and introduction of best practice in terms of productivity, reliability, innovation and quality to the workplace. Ensure that current and new documentation is compliant with relevant client processes.
* To Support the task and line manager in the delivery of complex engineering documentation.
* To deliver documentation for the Engineers (manufacturing, tooling, packaging, maintenance, facility, process etc.) who ensure that current and new client engineering processes are compliant with relevant legislation and ensure that the product/processes are right first time every time.
* Undertakes any associated re-approval exercises as necessary and ensuring that the design, prove-out and use of process, plant and equipment is safe, cost effective, maintained, controlled and configured in accordance with company standards and current legislation
* Essential: HNC/HND in appropriate discipline or equivalent experience
* Preferred: Degree or Incorporated Engineer with experience in relevant industry
* Knowledge of maintenance, manufacturing or assembly processes
* Some knowledge of special material manufacture and material properties
* Basic knowledge of manufacturing systems and knowledge of MRP/ERP systems - including BOMs and route cards
* Knowledge of process document generation
* Understanding of company design and drawing standards.
* Understanding of maintenance or manufacturing techniques and processes.
* Knowledge of process document generation and documentation management systems
* Working knowledge of manufacturing systems and knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
* Experience of applying Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Quality Tools and Model Based Realisation.
* Ability to produce or assist in the production of Technical Product Specifications (Drawings, reports, instructions, specifications etc.).
* Application of company design and drawing standards.
* UK Health and Safety Legislation in a manufacturing environment.
* Application of quality standards and procedures.
* Configuration Management and application of configuration standards
* Consistently demonstrates positive behaviours in relation to environment, safety, health, security and quality in line with the 'Our ESH Culture' framework.
* Proactively deals with resistance to change and takes steps to ensure that self and colleagues understand and can commit to the change
* Acts as a catalyst to change and inspires others to change for the benefit of the organization
* Thinks commercially, focuses on activities that will deliver real value for their customer
* Supports and encourages others to adopt new ways of working
* Deals with others professionally and respectfully taking into consideration the individual's needs, background and experiences
* Consults others appropriately and is sensitive to their concerns, but accepts responsibility for own decisions.
* Handles difficult people and tense situations with diplomacy and tact
* Networks proactively with customers inside and outside the organisation by investing in personal relationships
* Inspires others with their personal commitment, energy and belief
* Builds the confidence, pride and self-esteem of those around them
* Fosters good team morale and spirit and motivates others
* Goes out of their way to coach people to help them perform to their best
* Translates strategy into operational reality
* Consistently delivers at the appropriate standard
* Accountable for personal financial and cost performance
* Communicates clearly, and meets or exceeds performance expectations, standards and priorities
* Responds constructively to setbacks or bad news - does not blame or react negatively
* Acts as a consistent role model for self and others
* Holds self and others accountable for behaviour and results.
* Demonstrates high standards of integrity, honesty and fairness
* Proactively champions the importance of strong ESH behaviours
* Willing and able to enter all client facilities
* Willing and able to travel both within the UK and overseas when required
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain the Security Clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.