Sitec is currently recruiting for a Technical Author for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role, initially for 6 months, to be based in Peterborough.
Pay rates are dependent on experience, between £18-25 p/hr LTD Company
The role of Technical Author is an exciting opportunity to work within the Caterpillar IPSD Service Publications department as a Technical Author.
The successful candidate will utilise their Technical Knowledge to support their growth in Technical Authoring Capability. They will then use authoring software tools to develop and maintain a variety of Diesel Engine Service Publications. This includes Service Manuals, Service Periodicals & Tooling Catalogues, for both new and existing products. The development and maintenance of accurate and easy to use Service Publications is essential in the support of our objective to maximise the Service Capability of Dealers & Distributors Globally.
BACKGROUND OF THE TECHNICAL AUTHOR
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of technical authoring, and proficiency in creating, developing and maintaining a variety of service publications.
However, our client might consider a candidate with experience within fields including:
* Working for a Diesel Engine manufacturer/ Engineering company - within test, research or development roles for instance. Candidates might have a good understanding of the Combustion Engine and / or Electronic and Engine Aftertreatment Systems.
* Experience within an engineering based role with transferable skills and knowledge that might be looking to seek an opportunity within technical authoring
(Full training will be provided within our Authoring and Publication System)
* Creating publications fit for purpose that require technical analysis/research.
* Responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of each publication
* Ensure the development and maintenance of those publications to the established documentation standards through customer feedback.
* Receive Document Content outline from various sources including the Engineering Teams and Enterprise Subject Matter Experts (SME).
* Using various authoring tools such as Windchill, Framemaker, Adobe Creative Studio and general Microsoft Programs.
* Each Author requires excellent planning and time management skills to author and publish Each Publication to an agreed completion date,
Candidates will be considered against the above criteria but the ideal candidate would demonstrate the following:
Skills, experience and qualifications you will have
* Technical product/engineering knowledge
* Good knowledge of Combustion Engine Components and their functions.
* Engineering drawing, illustration and model understanding / knowledge
* Ability to interpret basic technical data
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent planning & time management skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Skills, experience and qualifications you may have
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge within a previous relevant position
* The ability to understand complex data structures and present data to user groups in a structured format
* Good working knowledge of engines authoring systems and graphics software - eg Windchill, ArborText, Adobe Creative Studio
* Good working knowledge of Engine Aftertreatment and Electronic Systems.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.