Sitec are currently recruiting for a Technical Author for our client - Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for 12 months, to be based at their site in Peterborough.
An exciting opportunity has become available in the Caterpillar IPSD Service Publications department as a Technical Author.
The successful candidate will utilise Authoring software tools to develop and maintain a variety of Diesel Engine Service Publications. This includes Service Manuals, Service Periodicals & Tooling Catalogues, for both new and existing products. The development and maintenance of accurate and easy to use Service Publications is essential in the support of our objective to maximise the Service Capability of Dealers & Distributors Globally.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TECHNICAL AUTHOR:
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to;
* Creating publications fit for purpose that require technical analysis/research.
* Responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of each publication
* Ensure the development and maintenance of those publications to the established documentation standards through customer feedback.
* Receive Document Content outline from various sources including the Engineering Teams and Enterprise Subject Matter Experts (SME).
* Using various authoring tools such as Windchill, Framemaker, Adobe Creative Studio and general Microsoft Programs.
Skills, experience and qualifications you will have
* Technical product / engineering knowledge
* Knowledge of engine components
* Engineering drawing, illustration and model understanding / knowledge
* Ability to interpret basic technical data
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent planning & time management skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Skills, experience and qualifications you may have
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge within a previous relevant position
* A working knowledge of authoring and graphics software systems
* The ability to understand complex data structures and present data to user groups in a structured format
* Good working knowledge of engines authoring and graphics software systems - eg NCR Windchill / ACM
Limited travel maybe required (Less than 5% of working time).
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.