Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Technical Author for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is permanent and is paying competitively from £22,000 - £40,000 per annum plus benefits, depending on experience.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
Purpose of role
* As a Technical Author, within the Technical Publications Group, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of core process documentation. You will produce documents that will be used to enable operators to perform safe operations in a consistent and controlled manner. In addition, you will develop publications that introduce best practice in terms of productivity, reliability, innovation and quality in the workplace
* To set the standard expected from the Technical Authors and to lead in the standardisation of process documentation
* To lead the delivery of core process documentation for authorisation by a duly authorised person
* To accurately capture processes through the generation of documentation (operations, process, maintenance, assembly/disassembly)
* To obtain technical information and detailed knowledge from Subject Matter Experts
* To conduct peer reviews of technical documentation to gain stakeholder approval
* To establish and understanding customer requirements for process documentation
* To support promotion for the use of Manufacturing Design Authority procedures, ensuring that appropriate standards are maintained at all times
* To coach and mentor Technical Authors in documentation generation and standards
* To manage and distribute tasks within the Technical Publications Group.
* To understand and apply my responsibilities with regard to the companies Environment, Health, Safety and Security policy.
We are looking for a Technical Author to have
* Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact at all levels
* High level of computer literacy
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Knowledge of desk-top publishing and documentation management systems
* Competent in writing technical reports and presenting technical information
* Determination to succeed and a high degree of flexibility
* Able to lead effectively and direct others towards common objectives
* An awareness of Environment, Health, Safety and Security and Quality practices
* Experience in a mechanical/manufacturing environment
* Experience in the generation of technical and or process documentation
* Preferred HNC/HND/Degree in a relevant discipline or recognised apprenticeship
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.